The 100 day challenge

Hi all. It has been a while since I have been on here so let me update you. Last week I was actually up 1.5 lbs meaning I had gained 2 pounds over the past 2 weeks. This was in spite of staying well within my calorie count and going to the gym 5 times that week. I had a calorie deficit of approx 2500 in addition to what MFP had already calculated for me.

This result was somewhat confusing to me so I started doing some additional research. To make a long story short, turns out I was not giving my body enough food....food = fuel. I was below the minimum my body needed to function at a resting pace so my body reacted by storing anything I ate.

So this past week I INCREASED my calorie intake (yep, gained weight so eat more) which you would think goes against losing weight and the results....I lost a total of 2.6 lbs this week!! So as you go through this journey my caution to you is to make sure you eat more than your BMR (Basel Metabolic Rate) which is what your body requires to function daily at rest. I am now enjoying more food and getting better results...does it get any better than that!!

Jerry

Hi all. Another week comes to an end and our cruise is now under 2 weeks away!! This was another week where I ate reasonably well, hit the gym lots and did everything right with not a ton to show for it. Overall I was down 0.6 lbs this week so that brings my total loss to date to 24.8lbs. I guess that is not bad given we started May 13.

Overall I am very happy with basically a 25 lb loss in 3 months. I have got myself back into great habits and I know I will eat differently onboard and we will hit the gym at minimum on all the sea days.

Next week I will provide an update on how all 8 of us made out in this challenge and we will see who ends up as the winner. I can tell you that 7 of the 8 of us took this seriously and have had some great weight loss. But more on that next week....I find time in between all the packing, etc!!

Hope everyone had a great week and stay focused on your goals....friends and family to help you out is great but self motivation is the difference in achieving your goals!!

Happy sailing!

Jerry

Archived