Legend Secret Cruise, I'm about to Burst!!

peacebeach

I'm really good at secrets, but I wouldn't try to keep that one secret--the anticipation is too much fun! I would love it if someone booked a cruise for me, but I would miss the time leading up to and all the planning and dreaming that go along with it. But, then, I'm a planner. :D

Like Khinson, my ex decided he didn't like cruising so he had to go! LOL.

I'd dump a non-cruiser in a heartbeat. On the papers, it would say irreconcilable differences/non-cruiser.

Haha! I like the planning, he likes the non-planning, so it works:) It's the Virgo in me.

I know what you are trying to do,I kept one a secret for a Christmas present and now I am keeping the Dec 2013 cruise as secret for a birthday present next March (went ahead a booked for the great rate and reduced deposit and OBC) Good Luck keeping the secret...

You have some serious experience!

I surprised my mom with a cruise. I had planned it and booked it and kept it a secret for about 2 months until her birthday came. I made a certificate with a photo of the ship and put it in a frame for her to open. It took her a minute to digest it. We still had 6 months until the cruise at that point.

It seems like it's getting easier to keep it under wraps. The first day was bad, now it's not too bad, so maybe day-by-day, it will get easier.

Thanks for all the tips everyone! I'll put them to use:)

We are keeping our cruise a secret from the boys for this December. They've never been on one, and they believe we're just going to south Texas for a week. We'll be telling them on the morning that we're switching hotels (which is basically the truth), and we'll let them know when we get to the port. One of them has been wondering about why they need swimsuits and dress-up clothes. We think we've given good explanations, but they may be starting to figure it out. It's not easy.

How old are they? You could have just waited until they were finished packing and then snuck some dressy clothes and swimsuits of theirs into your suitcase! If they're kids, I mean.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/dscn0188.jpg

if you booked the above balcony (7258 or 8232) then its a secret worth keeping

i booked 7258 for feb 17, 2013 my 50th birthday. I have not told my bf about the big balcony he is going to love it.

Yes it is so hard not to show him the pictures and read him the post about this room:)

Ive never givena surprise cruise but I received one. For Xmas several years ago my partner asked what I wanted for my gift. I said a massage...never had one. He said that's it? I said yep...but on a celebrity cruise ship. I was kind of joking. Xmas came and I opened all my gifts and was happy. Then he hands me an envelope. I open it and its our cruise docs. He say we leave in two weeks. A royal suite no less. It is a great memory even though we recently went our seperate ways. I think you should wait and really try not to tell him. Just talk with friends about it when you need to share your excitement.

For an anniversary present I booked a Fantasy cruise for a surprise gift to my husband. His brother and girlfriend, another couple we met in Hawaii, and our DD and her husband were coming. I arranged his time off from work and kept everything totally secret. I packed his suitcase and hid it and on the morning we were leaving I snuck down to the bathroom before him and wrote on the mirror in shaving cream "Let's make a FANTASY come true". When he came back to the bedroom his suitcase was on the bed and I told him I needed his shaving kit and shoes. He asked what was going on and said he had to leave for work. I had him call a coworker and he told him he was off for a vacation. Still didn't tell him where we were headed and he didn't catch on to my message. So we got dressed and went downstairs to have mimosas and his brother showed up. Now he was really getting anxious. Then our DD showed up (she had a different flight from us because of late booking) and then the limo showed up. He still didn't have a clue. We got to the airport and walked into the coffee shop and hooked up with our Hawaii friends. At this point he was over-whelmed. Our daughter left for her flight and told him she'd see him when we got back home. He never had an idea of where we were even going until we got on the plane to Florida. The final surprise was when we met the Carnival rep at the airport. But actually, that wasn't the final surprise. It was when DD & hubby strolled up to us on the deck of the ship. I can't believe I pulled it off because everyone knew about it and he didn't ever suspect a thing. It was totally awesome and one of the best trips we ever did. With that being said, don't tell, keep it a surprise and it will be something you'll never forget.

How old are they? You could have just waited until they were finished packing and then snuck some dressy clothes and swimsuits of theirs into your suitcase! If they're kids, I mean.

Since they're older & meeting up with us from out of state, that probably wouldn't work. Their parents aren't going. I'm hoping that we'll all be there together for the reveal, since we're taking more than one car that morning.

"Paul's wife", I loved reading your story. That would be so cool. Thanks for sharing.

On our first cruise DH and I went with my Mom and Dad. Dad knew DH and I were going, but Mom planned theirs as a surprise. He didn't know anything. Mom even talked to his boss behind his back to get time off work. She didn't tell him until the night before they left that they were going anywhere. That was a blast, and how she kept from telling him I will never know! I certainly didn't get my secret keeping skills from her!

We are doing this for our cruise in August. Our DS will turn 8 during the cruise. We plan on telling him and our 11 yr old DD the night before we go. So far, so good. Kept it a secret for 65 days so far which is a record for me. It is possible!

Archived