Rhapsody Alaska Itin.

Booked on the 6/1 sailing of the Rhapsody. I just read two new member reviews on here and both of them referenced a stop in Ketchikan. Nothing in my documents says we're going to Ketchikan. Am I missing something???

Booked on the 6/1 sailing of the Rhapsody. I just read two new member reviews on here and both of them referenced a stop in Ketchikan. Nothing in my documents says we're going to Ketchikan. Am I missing something???

We are also on a June sailing of Rhapsody, and there's no mention of Ketchikan on our itinerary.

Nothing about Ketchican for our trip either. Where are the reviews? Thanks.

We sailed the Rhapsody last summer and Ketchikan was NOT a stop. We also sailed the Golden Princess the summer before and we did stop in Ketchikan. For what it's worth, it is too bad that it isn't on the itinerary. We loved Ketchikan.

Both reviews were in the member review section and both posted on 5/12.

"Ketichikan - favourite stop. ship docked at berth 1 - right in front of the tourist info center. get a walking map from the tourist info center. There are working pay phones inside the tourist centre. We followed the map to see the eagles (west walk) and walked downtown to the Cape Fox tram (funicular) and took it up the hill, then walked to the salmon hatchery and totem park. Bit challenging walk up hill. We had lunch at the Fish House just outside of Salmon Landing. The smoked salmon chowder was good - a "cup" was almost 16 ounces (2 cups) of soup. We could have dined at the Cape Fox lodge at the top of the funicular (beautiful view from the restaurant). We bought canned smoked salmon from Simply Salmon at Creek Street - best prices and selection - great taste samples. Local art was also a good buy. We also took the free shuttle to Wal Mart because we ran out of anti-nausea medication. It was about an 8-10 minute ride. The shuttle loads at the Nature Centre and off loads right in front of the ship."

and

"The cruise to Juneau, Skagway and Ketchican was fantastic. The scenery was breathtaking. The day we went through the Fjord will be remebered for the rest of my life. The excursions were wonderful. If I look at this cruise as a trip to Alaska on a 15 year old ship, I had a wonderful time and worth every penny. If I look at it as a cruise on a ship that had just had a 300 million dollar renovation, someone got ripped off."

Seems weird to me the itin would change after just a couple cruises.

Probably because only the first and last trips to Alaska for Rhapsody start or end in Vancouver so when the ship is doing Seattle round trip they have to swap the Victoria port in for one of the Alaska stops.

It was just the first 2 cruises for 2012 that included Ketchikan. That was rather strange.

Ketchikan is one of my favorite Alaska ports, but not stopping there didn't keep us from booking the Rhapsody. ;)

Probably because only the first and last trips to Alaska for Rhapsody start or end in Vancouver so when the ship is doing Seattle round trip they have to swap the Victoria port in for one of the Alaska stops.

I would say these posts pretty much clear it up. Thanks.

Archived