luggage tags HELP

allykatt72710

IMO those paper tags have a very good chance of coming off without some reinforcement. Last time we boarded in Jax we saw at least 2 or 3 tags blowing across the sidewalk where they had come off even before the bags were taken into the terminal......:eek:

We always laminate ours, punch a hole in them & attach them with a zip tie.

I want to make darn sure I get my bags asap........;)

We do the exact same thing

I'm another one who waits till I get to the port and go ask the friendly nice gentleman or lady for a blank luggage tag (they are not laminated but are tyvek or whatever that material is they make really strong but light envelopes from) and write in my name and cabin.

i use clear shipping tape to reinforce them. then i poke a hole in the middle of it and put a zip-tie or rubber band threw it too attatch too my bag handle. it sure makes it sturdier and secure.

Our last cruise, I printed extra Ship/Room Locator tags and with clear packing tape, secured them to the top and side of each bag. Covering them with clear packing tape makes them VERY secure.

I have added a roll of clear packing tape to my packing list for each cruise.

• 1 month later...

I fold them as instructed, do a cheap laminate with packing tape and punch two holes in the ends with a hole punch. I use zip ties to attach them and I've never lost one yet. I always make and take a spare, though, just in case.

Just something to think about:

If your luggage gets lost by the airlines they will know what ship you are going to and may get your luggage there sooner if it is delayed. I also place an itinerary on the top of everything in my checked bag so that if it is opened they know where to send it.

Archived