Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter Question(s)

braz88

I am looking into booking the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter excursion through Carnival because of the limited ferry times, etc that I've been reading about.

I am sailing on the Freedom in August and based on the itinerary we get into Nassau at 1 pm.. has anyone booked this excursion through the cruise line before and can tell me a little bit about how the timing would work? Is it true that the last ferry from Blue Lagoon is at 4 pm?

The excursion duration says that it is a 4 hour excursion but the strange thing is that it says the excursion is from 12:30 to 4:30 ( we don't get into Nassau till 1:00) :confused:

We are scheduled to be in Nassau till 7 pm so I am not worried about making it back to the ship on time. What I am worried about is having enough time to catch the last ferry back from Blue Lagoon.

Also, does anyone know how much a video/pictures of the dolphin encounter is running these days?

Sorry for the long post...but any help would be appreciated. :)

I am looking into booking the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter excursion through Carnival because of the limited ferry times, etc that I've been reading about.

I am sailing on the Freedom in August and based on the itinerary we get into Nassau at 1 pm.. has anyone booked this excursion through the cruise line before and can tell me a little bit about how the timing would work? Is it true that the last ferry from Blue Lagoon is at 4 pm?

The excursion duration says that it is a 4 hour excursion but the strange thing is that it says the excursion is from 12:30 to 4:30 ( we don't get into Nassau till 1:00) :confused:

We are scheduled to be in Nassau till 7 pm so I am not worried about making it back to the ship on time. What I am worried about is having enough time to catch the last ferry back from Blue Lagoon.

Also, does anyone know how much a video/pictures of the dolphin encounter is running these days?

I can try to help you but I only have 2nd hand experience with the excursion. My niece booked it last year through Carnival while we were there. Carnival has their own ferry's for the excursion that go over to Blue Lagoon so you won't have to worry about catching the Blue Lagoon Ferry. I would think that if the excursion says its 4 hrs long, Carnival must have an agreement with Blue Lagoon to stay beyond the last ferry on their own. Regarding the time, I would think that Carnival will begin the tour once you arrive in Nassau. It is a little strange though that they have it listed as starting before your scheduled to dock :confused:

I don't know exactly how much the pictures are but my niece did say they were expensive so she only bought 1 so she'd have something. Sorry I can't remember how much she said she paid. I can try to see if she remembers the next time I talk to her.

Thanks Girlscruise2011 !

Your second hand experience helps.

Did your niece enjoy the excursion ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She loved the excursion. It was something she always wanted to do and you can see that in the pic she bought with the smile on her face :D. She went with Carnival so she wouldn't be "alone" since she was the only person who wanted to swim with the dolphins and said that it was a good excursion. I'm not sure how many people went with the ship but Blue Lagoon is hard to get to on your own with their ferry schedule. Its not good for cruise visitors.

She was going to upgrade to the Dolphin Push but it was $50 more I think and she was glad she didnt. She said the push was about 2 mins. The Encounter was fine.

If its something you want to do, I think you will enjoy it.

She loved the excursion. It was something she always wanted to do and you can see that in the pic she bought with the smile on her face :D. She went with Carnival so she wouldn't be "alone" since she was the only person who wanted to swim with the dolphins and said that it was a good excursion. I'm not sure how many people went with the ship but Blue Lagoon is hard to get to on your own with their ferry schedule. Its not good for cruise visitors.

She was going to upgrade to the Dolphin Push but it was $50 more I think and she was glad she didnt. She said the push was about 2 mins. The Encounter was fine.

If its something you want to do, I think you will enjoy it.

I was curious about the upgrade. Carnival doesn't have that as an excursion so if you go on the Dolphin Encounter with Carnival and I guess you can upgrade once you are there? So you pay the additional $50 to someone else? And does that affect you catching the Carnival ferry back to the ship? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

I was curious about the upgrade. Carnival doesn't have that as an excursion so if you go on the Dolphin Encounter with Carnival and I guess you can upgrade once you are there? So you pay the additional $50 to someone else? And does that affect you catching the Carnival ferry back to the ship? Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

You can pay for the upgrade directly to Blue Lagoon if space is available. I emailed them before hand to ask them and they said the upgrade was cheaper but when she got there it was more then what she wanted to pay. Unfortunately, I didn't print out the email for her to bring :(

It will not affect the ferry back. After the dolphin swim, you should still have time to walk around a bit and go buy pictures if you want.

Just make sure you give yourself enough time. My niece went to buy pics and the ferry left 10 mins early. Luckily she was able to catch the next ferry leaving.

You can pay for the upgrade directly to Blue Lagoon if space is available. I emailed them before hand to ask them and they said the upgrade was cheaper but when she got there it was more then what she wanted to pay. Unfortunately, I didn't print out the email for her to bring :(

It will not affect the ferry back. After the dolphin swim, you should still have time to walk around a bit and go buy pictures if you want.

Just make sure you give yourself enough time. My niece went to buy pics and the ferry left 10 mins early. Luckily she was able to catch the next ferry leaving.

Thanks a lot. This is my 10th cruise and I've yet to do the Dolphin swim. I figure I'm running out of time so I better do it this time. From reading reviews of the two Dolphin swims (Atlantis and Blue Lagoon), it sounds as if the Blue Lagoon one is the way to go. I wonder if there is a way to upgrade beforehand?

Thanks a lot. This is my 10th cruise and I've yet to do the Dolphin swim. I figure I'm running out of time so I better do it this time. From reading reviews of the two Dolphin swims (Atlantis and Blue Lagoon), it sounds as if the Blue Lagoon one is the way to go. I wonder if there is a way to upgrade beforehand?

Please confirm that there is a spot available. You are going during high season and these spots book up months in advance.

Sbowen11. I spoke to my niece yesterday and she said it was about $80 to upgrade to the Dolphin Swim. For what she saw of the swim, she said she was glad she didn't pay the money. It was just a few minutes for the swim.

I emailed Blue Lagoon directly about my niece and upgrading and I was told you can only do it when you get there if there is availability. My niece choose Blue Lagoon based on reviews here and other sites saying that it was the better one.

Does anybody know if there is a way to charge excursions directly to your onboard account before the ship leaves? Or can this only be done while on the ship?

I know on Carnival the only way to prebook excursions is to pay for them with a credit card. Once your on the ship, everything is charged to your onboard account.

I asked my niece yesterday about the video and the pic prices. From her memory, she thought the video was about $60 and she paid about $25-$30 for her picture. She didn't buy the video but now wishes she did. This was the prices in October 2011 and she wasn't 100% but thought at the time that the video was a little pricey.

My question is that I booked the dolphin encounter with Carnival for my husband, and two sons. I don't want to do the excursion- just watch. Can I ride over with the carnival transportation and just watch? I can't find the answer to that anywhere

My question is that I booked the dolphin encounter with Carnival for my husband, and two sons. I don't want to do the excursion- just watch. Can I ride over with the carnival transportation and just watch? I can't find the answer to that anywhere

No, you'd need to purchase at least an observer pass. or beach pass. there is no free transportation to this private island.

Archived