Just got off phone with CCL answers on Loyalty program

First time I am hearing 18 months! :confused:

Until now, that grace period has been one year -not 18 months.

To me, a year would make more sense, and would still be quite generous IMO. However, I've heard 18 months consistently. I never heard a year (not that that means anything:) ). Who knows? I'm platinum no matter how you slice it with a long way to Milestone/Diamond under either program (though I'm further under the new program):D. Since I became platinum, I've been testing the waters with new lines...1 RCI, 2 NCL, and a Celebrity booked for December. I loved all my cruises; each line has some things I like better than others. None have perks that make me want to sail exclusively with any line. I'll pick the cruise based on price I'm willing to pay and itinerary. I do feel bad for people that are "close." No matter what, when companies make these changes, someone is going to feel shafted.

Thanks for posting thats good to know. We have done 6 cruises and have a 7 day caribbean, 7 day Alaska, 12 day Europe and 15 day TA booked.

Truthfully the loyalty program does not mean much to me. I like to do my own laundry, just cant seem to give my clothes to anyone else. Dont drink much and have been to the past guest party and thought it was kinda boring. Priority boarding and tendaring is nice although we are usually on board between 11:30 and 12 noon anyways.

Guess we are pretty easy going. I guess I can understand to a certain extent why people are so upset about this..... but as a nurse watching people fight for thier lives every day this all seems so insignificant to me.

While I think the new program stinks, an 18 month grace period is quite generous. Almost too generous.

I agree. Just as another poster stated....people will flock to the shorter cruises to try to get to their next level ASAP.

I agree Firefly, it will just make getting to the next level after that even more ardous. I believe....if they hold true to the 18 months.....that after my November cruise I will be platinum but with only 64 days. I highly doubt I will ever be able to make 136 sea days to get to Diamond within my lifetime.

It will be interesting to see if the grandfathering applies to those that have already booked their tenth cruise with a sail date within a certain time period, or give everyone a shot by taking their tenth cruise by the cut off date?

Ok so is that for cruises booked & completed within the 18 months or just cruises booked previous to the new loyalty program then completed within 18 months? Like I have 2 more cruises booked right now and booking another on the 6th of June all these are for 2013 sailings, that would put my count at 7. But if It will apply to sailings booked after the June release date I might could fit 3 more in. I was thinking maybe next summer do my first b2b. Anyways.. Just askin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess. but I believe complet

Ok so is that for cruises booked & completed within the 18 months or just cruises booked previous to the new loyalty program then completed within 18 months? Like I have 2 more cruises booked right now and booking another on the 6th of June all these are for 2013 sailings, that would put my count at 7. But if It will apply to sailings booked after the June release date I might could fit 3 more in. I was thinking maybe next summer do my first b2b. Anyways.. Just askin. d cruises....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree, because eventually they will have to do all the days to get to the next level, diamond I hear it is called. .. why would people book short cruises to get to platinum (which is what they have always done in the past) if they have to make up the days eventually... they will need more days than others to get to the next level now.

Most cruisers will NEVER reach Diamond level, so once they reach Platinum, their number of nights won't really matter anymore. If they cram in a bunch of short cruises, they can at least reach Platinum in the 18 months with less than 75 nights. Otherwise, it will take most cruisers much longer to reach Platinum than it did in the past (since most people don't cruise 7+ nights on average).

I am another that is caught in the middle. I am Milestone with 25 cruises but only 128 days. There is no way I am going to make up ten 7-night cruises plus a short cruise to reach Diamond in 18 months. A tier between 75 and 200 would have solved that problem.

Right now I am two cruises shy of becoming Platinum with NCL which has better benefits that what Carnival's program is offering. So that is probably where my cruising dollars will go. Plus out of New Orleans, you get four ports of call on NCL instead of three on Carnival.

The reference to the Milestone program not changing is that Carnival will still offer rewards for achieving your 25/50/75/100th cruise. So in addition to keeping up with days, you still will have to track the number of cruises.

Dave

I am another that is caught in the middle. I am Milestone with 25 cruises but only 128 days. There is no way I am going to make up ten 7-night cruises plus a short cruise to reach Diamond in 18 months. A tier between 75 and 200 would have solved that problem.

Right now I am two cruises shy of becoming Platinum with NCL which has better benefits that what Carnival's program is offering. So that is probably where my cruising dollars will go. Plus out of New Orleans, you get four ports of call on NCL instead of three on Carnival.

The reference to the Milestone program not changing is that Carnival will still offer rewards for achieving your 25/50/75/100th cruise. So in addition to keeping up with days, you still will have to track the number of cruises.

Dave

I'm in the same position, although somewhat closer - 148 days with an 8-day one next month. I read on another thread that milestone members might be put in the Diamond category, which would be nice. The benefit I'll miss the most is the free entry into a BJ/slot tournament. They definitely took that one away!

HAL changed theirs not too long ago. From what I can tell all the folks that are 4 star mariners (as they call the top group) get some nice perks. Half priced dinners in the specialty restaurants, Mariners Lunches, and again for the 4 star folks, a free lunch with the Captain and Hotel Manager in the Pinnacle Specialty restaurant.

Also the Suite guests have their own premium coffee, expresso area, with canapes, sweet rolls etc in the lounge. Breakfast in the Pinnacle.

Apparently you get some credit for your spending. Big spenders get more then no spenders. I am probably missing some stuff too. But I know some HAL folks watch this site, perhaps one will weigh in.

It seems like Carnival should have went in that direction.

They have those restaurants unused all day.

Hugh in Dallas

I disagree, because eventually they will have to do all the days to get to the next level, diamond I hear it is called. .. why would people book short cruises to get to platinum (which is what they have always done in the past) if they have to make up the days eventually... they will need more days than others to get to the next level now.

I posted this .. but so many posts Im sure it got buried.

Milestone is a separate program and not part of this loyalty program. Milestone remains unchanged (or so I was told by Carnival).

Yep.. thats what i am thinking. So even tho I am two cruises away from reaching their highest level, now I will be 7 to 8 seven day cruises to reach it and that really sucks

Dave

I am thinking of trying NCL myself. Their Lido deck is better too, much nicer pools...

Also, so what about that Diamond level.. 3 one time perks?? ONE Time and never again... and then you are Platinum once more... so whats the point?

I am thinking of trying NCL myself. Their Lido deck is better too, much nicer pools...

Also, so what about that Diamond level.. 3 one time perks?? ONE Time and never again... and then you are Platinum once more... so whats the point?

My upcoming cruise in November over Thanksgiving is on NCL in a 409sq foot suite. I paid $2988 for four of us with a $375 obc. Carnival wanted $5500 on the Conquest for the same time frame. Just the suite benefits alone are great in comparision to Carnival's priority embark only for a suite. Plus I am earning 21 points as you get 7 points for a 7-night cruise, 7 points for a suite and 7 points for booking 9 months out.

Also their Cruise Reward program is $250 of which you get $100 credited immediately to your S&S account for each one you purchase onboard. You can purchase up to four Rewards. When you book your next cruise, the $250 is used as a deposit. The great thing is that no other deposits are required. Since we have four people going in November, it would have been a $1000 deposit. With the Reward, I did not have to put any additional monies down. The downside is that I will have a larger final payment but at least they are not sitting on my monies.

Dave

My upcoming cruise in November over Thanksgiving is on NCL in a 409sq foot suite. I paid $2988 for four of us with a $375 obc. Carnival wanted $5500 on the Conquest for the same time frame. Just the suite benefits alone are great in comparision to Carnival's priority embark only for a suite. Plus I am earning 21 points as you get 7 points for a 7-night cruise, 7 points for a suite and 7 points for booking 9 months out.

Also their Cruise Reward program is $250 of which you get $100 credited immediately to your S&S account for each one you purchase onboard. You can purchase up to four Rewards. When you book your next cruise, the $250 is used as a deposit. The great thing is that no other deposits are required. Since we have four people going in November, it would have been a $1000 deposit. With the Reward, I did not have to put any additional monies down. The downside is that I will have a larger final payment but at least they are not sitting on my monies.

Dave

We have our first NCL cruise in Feb and if we like it will sure not be the loyal Carnival cruiser we have been up to now. Booking 9 months before gets us to platinum faster than we could get to the new diamond on Carnival

Dave

Dave we are also in the same situation only being 2 away from Milestone. I do not expect they will automatically group all the Milestone guests into the Diamond group as it is a new group. We will get there someday no no hurry

If VIFP is correct, Diamond gets all the Platinum deals which looks like it didn't change just called different names, Diamond gets, unlimited laundry, invitation from the Capt, looks like a Capts party, 1 time upgrade, they move you up a deck, 3 or 4th sail free, that will never happen with us, 1 time donation to st jude ?????, 1 time comp for 2 at the steakhouse, VIFP luggage tags, wo hoo, dedicated toll free sales and service, So after you take that first Diamond cruise you get, unlimited laundry, we get that now, cap party we get that now, and luggage tags. After that cruise and forever more you get luggage tags. So in the end we get luggage tags for being Diamond the rest is from Platinum. I am so exceited just don't know what to do. So if your not Diamond get out there and book those cruises so you can get free VIFP Club diamond luggage tags. Wounder if they will hand out a Diamond screw with the luggage tags ??It is what it is,

If VIFP is correct, Diamond gets all the Platinum deals which looks like it didn't change just called different names, Diamond gets, unlimited laundry, invitation from the Capt, looks like a Capts party, 1 time upgrade, they move you up a deck, 3 or 4th sail free, that will never happen with us, 1 time donation to st jude ?????, 1 time comp for 2 at the steakhouse, VIFP luggage tags, wo hoo, dedicated toll free sales and service, So after you take that first Diamond cruise you get, unlimited laundry, we get that now, cap party we get that now, and luggage tags. After that cruise and forever more you get luggage tags. So in the end we get luggage tags for being Diamond the rest is from Platinum. I am so exceited just don't know what to do. So if your not Diamond get out there and book those cruises so you can get free VIFP Club diamond luggage tags. Wounder if they will hand out a Diamond screw with the luggage tags ??It is what it is,

Now that you put it that way, this new plan really looks like garbage! I still can't believe it took them 3 years to dream this up! :cool:

Do it! NCL is fantastic!

We have our first NCL cruise in Feb and if we like it will sure not be the loyal Carnival cruiser we have been up to now. Booking 9 months before gets us to platinum faster than we could get to the new diamond on Carnival

It's possible to get 4x the number of days on NCL to move through the levels very quickly...book a suite 9+ months out during a Latitudes special. Even if you don't do suites, you can still get 3x the number of days. I love NCL, and will absolutely sail them again. I do enjoy Carnival as well, and will continue to sail them.

Dave: Thanks for that info about port count comparison - - I wasn't aware (as I've not researched). The last time I was in New Orleans was just a very few weeks prior to Katrina, and I've wanted to go back. I could combine a land/sea adventure. Best of both worlds. Again, thanks!! :)

Archived