St John Resort Mykonos

tillybilly

Just back from our day at St John resort. Great day. Everything went as promised with pick up and drop off by aircon resort shuttle. However, very windy today and that, along with searing heat made for an exhausting day, never again in August:eek:

Glad you had a great day. What was your favourite part?

I tried faxing them today (twice) and it wouldn't connect so I plan to call them tomorrow since we're leaving on Monday.

As you mentioned the wind, did your ship dock or tender?

We docked. Sea was v. Choppy so don't know if they would have tendered. I would suggest emailing them as they were very prompt in replyng. I just booked it by email using a debit card (empty when booking) and paid in cash when we arrived. Pickup was v. Prompt from ship and the facilities are great. Good restaurants, if a little pricey. Be warned there are lots of stick thin beautiful people lying about on sunbeds. Don't think many of tnem are cruisers lol. Also there are an awful lot of steps although they do offer for the bellboy to take you down and pick you up. Europe is mega hot at the moment!

Thanks for replying. I managed to fax the form this morning (needed to dial 011 before the country code) and have exchanged emails since then, so we're all set. We're supposed to tender but I understand that the ship may dock, if we're lucky (or get there first)!

We're not stick thin:eek: but have recently shed a bunch of pounds and we're fine with stairs.

We hope there will be some shade and look forward to a relaxing day.

Thanks for replying. I managed to fax the form this morning (needed to dial 011 before the country code) and have exchanged emails since then, so we're all set. We're supposed to tender but I understand that the ship may dock, if we're lucky (or get there first)!

We're not stick thin:eek: but have recently shed a bunch of pounds and we're fine with stairs.

We hope there will be some shade and look forward to a relaxing day.

We are on Crown Princess and we docked. There are enough sunbeds by the pool and some on the beach. A lot of the sunbeds are booked very early by the ubiquitous 'chairhogs':eek:

Is the beach at St John's any good for snorkelling?

And just so I'm reading this right... the $30 Euro/pp pass gets us a ride to and from the resort to the ship, plus access to the beach and pool at the resort, correct? Approx what is the cost for lunch and beverages at the resort?

Thanks so much for any info :)

Celine

Yes, 30 euros for the day and transportation. We had club sandwiches (very nice) fries and a beer and a wine and it came to 35 euros. Two cokes were 7 euros. There is also a fish restaurant and an a la carte restaurant on the site plus a spa and indoor pool.

Lots were going down to the neach to snorkel. It is quite rocky.

We had a lovely few hours there. Mykonos was very hot and we docked so did not stroll around the centre of Mykonos.

Yes, 30 euros for the day and transportation. We had club sandwiches (very nice) fries and a beer and a wine and it came to 35 euros. Two cokes were 7 euros. There is also a fish restaurant and an a la carte restaurant on the site plus a spa and indoor pool.

Lots were going down to the neach to snorkel. It is quite rocky.

We had a lovely few hours there. Mykonos was very hot and we docked so did not stroll around the centre of Mykonos.

Thanks for the info... we'll be there in late October, so we're also wondering if the temperatures will be conducive to snorkeling/beach time.

Thanks for the info... we'll be there in late October, so we're also wondering if the temperatures will be conducive to snorkeling/beach time.

Hi, yes, wondering that as well. Checked their website and they say they are open "April to October", so not sure if they are even open then. Have you found out the date that they close for the season?

Hi, yes, wondering that as well. Checked their website and they say they are open "April to October", so not sure if they are even open then. Have you found out the date that they close for the season?

Nope, not yet... but as long as the weather is cooperative, we'd love to relax with a beach/snorkel day on Oct 21 :)

Reception called it the 'bellboy'. Did not actually see it but I presume it is some kind of buggy to get down to the pool/beach area. Receptionists were very friendly and when we met one as I was struggling back up the stairs as it was so very hot that day, she immediately offered to phone up and get me some assistance. We were nearly at the top though, so declined the offer. Just be aware that the site is very steep but also be reassured that you will be offered assistance. It is well worth a visit!

Never been at the end of October but imagine it would be very pleasant indeed, not sure about the temperature of the sea though.

We had the absolute best day at St. John's on our recent cruise....we were there on Thursday 8/9 and couldn't have asked for a better day. They picked us up in their shuttle at our ship and brought us to the resort..which is OMG breathtakingly beautiful....the view from the infinity pool is beyond words. Keep in mind that drinks are expensive....approx $8-$9 Euros each. We ran up a huge bar tab while we were here...lol. Needless to say we decided to skip a trip into town and just remain at the resort until 5pm because it was so relaxing and beautiful. We will definitely be going back to St. John's resort to stay for an extended vacation at some point in the future. It was really a great day- the staff was excellent and the facilities were beautiful. Don't hesitate to take advantage of the day pass while you are on the island- you won't regret it at all. :) This was one of our favorite stops on the cruise!

• 1 month later...

Received a response from the St John's resort yesterday - unfortunately, they will be closing for the season on Oct 7th, so a day trip there will not be in the cards for us. :(

If you are looking for a nice beach day, we rented a scooter and drove to Agios Ioannis for the day. We got very nice lounge chairs and an umbrella at the Hippie Fish restaurant - which were complimentary since we ate lunch there. The beach was quiet, there was service on the beach (if you want drinks) and the lunch at the Hippie Fish was great.

The St John's resort is right next door.

If you are looking for a nice beach day, we rented a scooter and drove to Agios Ioannis for the day. We got very nice lounge chairs and an umbrella at the Hippie Fish restaurant - which were complimentary since we ate lunch there. The beach was quiet, there was service on the beach (if you want drinks) and the lunch at the Hippie Fish was great.

The St John's resort is right next door.

Thanks for the advice, but I got the impression from the St John's people that most resorts will be closed by early October. :(

Archived