Deck areas with shade on the big sisters.

Ravenscroft

From looking at the deck plans of Quest, it appears that there aren't any shaded deck areas apart from around the pool. I'm fair skinned, that's the Curse of the Celts:eek:, and like to be in the shade.

On sea days I often prefer a quieter area than the pool deck to read (and sleep!). I was just wondering if anyone can point me to a quiet deck area on the ship that has some shade, if such an area exists? Thanks!

From looking at the deck plans of Quest, it appears that there aren't any shaded deck areas apart from around the pool. I'm fair skinned, that's the Curse of the Celts:eek:, and like to be in the shade.

On sea days I often prefer a quieter area than the pool deck to read (and sleep!). I was just wondering if anyone can point me to a quiet deck area on the ship that has some shade, if such an area exists? Thanks!

Overlooked areas of quiet and serene areas are on Deck 10 and Deck 9 balcony areas and by the Sky Bar that face onto the pool are shaded.

Also, the Aft Deck 5 pool area has shaded areas by the two jaccuzzis as well as Deck 11, the Retreat area where the Mini-Golf course is there are a couple of couches in the shade as well.

Hope this helps you enjoy the outdoors and not fry like an egg.;):eek:;)

Overlooked areas of quiet and serene areas are on Deck 10 and Deck 9 balcony areas and by the Sky Bar that face onto the pool are shaded.

Also, the Aft Deck 5 pool area has shaded areas by the two jaccuzzis as well as Deck 11, the Retreat area where the Mini-Golf course is there are a couple of couches in the shade as well.

Hope this helps you enjoy the outdoors and not fry like an egg.;):eek:;)

That's very helpful, ST, thank you.

I've looked at the pictures of the Retreat and it does look rather appealing so I'm glad to read that there's some shade there.

I assume the areas on Deck 10, Aft, are only accesible to those who are using the Spa?

That's very helpful, ST, thank you.

I've looked at the pictures of the Retreat and it does look rather appealing so I'm glad to read that there's some shade there.

I assume the areas on Deck 10, Aft, are only accesible to those who are using the Spa?

Yes Deck 10 Aft is for Day Spa pass holders or the Serenity Spa Package for the day with treatments.

I enjoyed the sofas in the corner of the pool deck on the starboard side as they are tucked in under the deck above and provide a nice comfortable spot for people watching, reading, and you're still within view of any passing waiters ;):), but away from the general hubbub around the bar and grill areas. And there's the outside deck area at the back of Seabourn Square, but I think this might be a "smoking area", but when we were on the Quest we sat out there a few times totally smokefree.

• 2 weeks later...

We get plenty of sun in Arizona sowhen we were on our Quest holiday cruise we spent the sea days on the very comfortable wicker chaises on deck 9. This little terrace overlooks the pool area down below but as there is only room for a few people it is nice and semi-private.

Archived