Booked Resv Thru Disney, Can I Transfer It?

annster31

Annster, yes you can transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent after booking it yourself.

GottaLuvCruising, there are additional benefits to using a TA than just a discount, especially if they have a lot of experience cruising with a particular cruiseline. :)

Cathy

Hi Janet,

I wasn't aware that you were also a TA, sorry.

I was trying to make the point that while getting the best price is important, ensuring that you get good, knowledgable service is invaluable and some discount agencies may not be able to provide that as well. Also if you have a problem, you need to make sure that you have someone who knows how to, and is willing to, go the extra mile to correct it. That's all. Sorry I wasn't more clear in saying that.

But it is a fact that many people are looking for discounts in this day and age, that is just the way it is.

Cathy

Having owned a travel agency, there's nothing wrong with an agent or agency giving up some of their commision if they choose to. Many factors are involved in this business decision and can vary greatly from agent to agent as to why they may or may not choose to do this and what that particular agency's priorities are. We've been frustrated many times by the client who jumps from agent to agent just for the cheapest deal, and other times we have gained some very loyal clients...it's just the nature of the business:o .

I didn't say (or even imply) that there was anything wrong with discounting. Of course, I do it myself. What I think is wrong is for a cruiser to be so compelled to save money that they will shop around for a desperate agent who will sacrifice their own income in order to get the "Wal-Mart shopper's" booking. This is after one agent (at Disney) who has already taken care of them. (FYI I used to work for Disney Cruise Line).

IMHO people who will do that are no better than the people who cruise and stiff the waiters or stateroom attendants. If you can cruise only by NOT paying those who take care of you (before or during), then you should stay home.

what about people that book themselves online? Should they get the agent's commission?

so what if the OP wants to save a few bucks? Right away you accuse them of being a non-tipper?

I will remember you as a place I would NOT want to book any cruise through.

I enjoy the research and planning myself. I moved one DCL reservation to a TA and have been kicking myself ever since; I won't make that mistake again.

Funny thing is everytime I talk to a TA I find it a waste of my time. They never have anymore information than I already know and they can never give me a rational reason to use them.

Unless you are a complete newbie to travel or just aren't interested in doing the "leg work" yourself there isn't a good reason to use a TA.

Annster, it's really easy to transfer a reservation you made yourself to a travel agent, and usually the travel agent will do all of the legwork;)

On the topic of travel agents rebating part of their commission... I own a travel agency as well, and we make this decision based on several factors - the most important being is this a loyal client that books multiple trips through our service. We like to reward that kind of loyalty with a rebate or shipboard credit, and we feel it is a win/win situation for everyone.

Ahnalira

• 2 weeks later...

We booked our cruise while onboard the Magic. Then when we returned home, I recieved a solicitation from a TA to change my reservation to them, for a rebate. I did not go looking for them. I have been happy with the service of the TA so far. So since I did this, does this mean I am a scum sucking, bottom feeding, no tipping so an so?

Willie

Archived