Sun's Las Ramblas

Beaver1975

They start up around 4p to early evening, they have a band and do karaoke there as well. No lunch. They aren't really quick about restocking the tapas either. They only bring a few plates at a time up from the kitchen, so if they run out there is a wait for someone to go get some more. The wings at the sports bar were better IMO.

They start up around 4p to early evening, they have a band and do karaoke there as well. No lunch. They aren't really quick about restocking the tapas either. They only bring a few plates at a time up from the kitchen, so if they run out there is a wait for someone to go get some more. The wings at the sports bar were better IMO.

I'm a real Tapas fan, and had the same problem that jlat experienced. The selection was minimal , but tasty. I'd have to say overall they were just OK, nothing to get excited about. Now, the Sports Bar is something else. Before we boarded the Sun, all we read about was how good the chicken wings were. Was not disappointed, by far the best wings I have ever had. The fish n chips were better there than in the MDR (greasy , soggy ,tasteless) these were very "pub like". Enjoy the Sun , we certainly did.

cheers...the Ump...:D

I'm a real Tapas fan, and had the same problem that jlat experienced. The selection was minimal , but tasty. I'd have to say overall they were just OK, nothing to get excited about. Now, the Sports Bar is something else. Before we boarded the Sun, all we read about was how good the chicken wings were. Was not disappointed, by far the best wings I have ever had. The fish n chips were better there than in the MDR (greasy , soggy ,tasteless) these were very "pub like". Enjoy the Sun , we certainly did.

cheers...the Ump...:D

We have enjoyed the Sun in the past (3 times out of 27 NCL cruises) and consider her our favorite ship still sailing in the NCL fleet.

We really loved the tapas in the past and enjoyed the unique foods offered. We are not really looking for plentiful amounts just good quality for a little conversation time with friends prior to adjourning to dinner.

I can get great wings anywhere here in the Denver area. Good fish and chips not so much, will have to check them out in October.

John

Years ago, Tapas and sangria in Las Ramblas was a real favorite...they had a nice variety of tapas, so we would order a pitcher of sangria, munch on some tapas, enjoy the people and entertainment. we were on the Sun again recently and sadly LasRamblas has a limited, less interesting tapas selection. we had a couple and left. if they had had a better selection we would have stayed longer and drank sangria like the old days. Oh, well, we still have the sangria recipe from a long ago cruise..I'll make it this summer at home instead.

unless it has changed --deli sandwiches--made to order --and soup of the day--use to be served at lunch time in Las Ramblas?? different deli meats, cheese and breads--it was great.

has this changed???

BG

unless it has changed --deli sandwiches--made to order --and soup of the day--use to be served at lunch time in Las Ramblas?? different deli meats, cheese and breads--it was great.

has this changed???

BG

they had a "deli station" in Moderno at lunch time...Soups, sandwich fixings, pasta bar, pizza. Moderno also had breakfast. I did not see any listing for lunch items in Las Ramblas, so, I believe it now differs from your recollection.

they had a "deli station" in Moderno at lunch time...Soups, sandwich fixings, pasta bar, pizza. Moderno also had breakfast. I did not see any listing for lunch items in Las Ramblas, so, I believe it now differs from your recollection.

The lunch/deli/pizza bar was always in the room now called Moderno.

If they had breakfast, do you recall what the menu looked like?

John

The lunch/deli/pizza bar was always in the room now called Moderno.

If they had breakfast, do you recall what the menu looked like?

John

In Moderno in the morning, there was a small hot and cold buffet line. also present were waffle and omelet stations. Along one side there was a small Asian breakfast buffet line.

Just off the Sun. Was looking forward to the Tapas in Las Ramblas. Opps, shouldn't have counted on them too highly, (was thinking tapas like in Barcelona) They have a very small choice, maybe 4 little choices, one of them being olives. We had a beer and the tapas that were there, listened to Karaoke, then went to the buffet to eat.

• 9 months later...
Years ago, Tapas and sangria in Las Ramblas was a real favorite...they had a nice variety of tapas, so we would order a pitcher of sangria, munch on some tapas, enjoy the people and entertainment. we were on the Sun again recently and sadly LasRamblas has a limited, less interesting tapas selection. we had a couple and left. if they had had a better selection we would have stayed longer and drank sangria like the old days. Oh, well, we still have the sangria recipe from a long ago cruise..I'll make it this summer at home instead.

Starry Eyes...would you share the Sangria recipe here or PM me?:rolleyes:

Archived