Oriana and dietary needs

loyalcruiser

I am going on the Oriana to the Norweign Ffords on 6th June, and wanted to know how they are on people with dietary requirements I am lactose intolerant, gluten and wheat free, dairy free including soya as I find that some soya products on cruises (on our previous 38 cruises), are very creamy and have an affect on my bowel disorder.

Do they give you the menu the night before in the dining room for the next days menu, so I can choose the meals I want and they make it dairy and gluten free for me, like previous cruises?

Is there a good choice for the buffet restaurant, in the past i have met with the matre-de on the buffet section, and his chef has walked me through the various sections or the buffet to say what I can and cannot have, will this happen on the Oriana?

sorry about asking for this, but need to know how they cater for dietary needs, the Cruise knows I am dairy free etc, from the time I booked with them, so hopefully there will be something passed onto the ship for me to get suitable meals.

Marco Pierre is great guy so hopefully we will be able to go to his restaurant and sample his fine dishes, but providing they can cater for me too. I hope he is on our ship too as I will be definately asking for a photo!!

thanks

xx

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Although I do not have special dietary needs, I have often seen table mates offered the menus the night before so that they can choose whatever is suitable for them. The Maitrre D' usually comes round with them and notes down the choices. On my most recent cruise last week, one table companion had very specific needs but always seemed to get something tasty looking.

My other half has a serious bowl disorder and to be honest P&O have been the best cruise line as far as dealing with her requirements. Tell them in advance and again when you get on board. Usually the headwaiter will bring you a menu and take your order the day before. A chef will then prepare your meals specially. You can also ask for things like Gluten free sandwiches etc.. at afternoon tea. At breakfast they can do gluten free toast etc. We have cruised on all the major lines and P&O have been the very best in regard to dietry requirements.

I hope this puts your mind at ease and you have a great time.

Archived