Silver Shadow, Vancouver to Tokyo, Sep 12 2013

jlmini

My partner and I have done 2 trips with Silversea now, the first to Antarctica on the Silver Explorer and more recently from Hong Kong to Singapore on the Silver Shadow. We found everyone on board - both crew and passengers - to be extremely nice and cordial. Oddly enough, there were 5 gay passengers on the expedition ship among 99 total passengers, but as far as I could tell, we were the only gay couple on the Shadow with about 324 passengers sailing. In spite of that, we felt perfectly comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed both trips. Our butler on the Shadow (Negi) could not have been any more gracious and welcoming. I think you'll enjoy your experience, and we wouldn't hesitate to travel with Silversea again.

• 1 year later...
My partner and I have done 2 trips with Silversea now, the first to Antarctica on the Silver Explorer and more recently from Hong Kong to Singapore on the Silver Shadow. We found everyone on board - both crew and passengers - to be extremely nice and cordial. Oddly enough, there were 5 gay passengers on the expedition ship among 99 total passengers, but as far as I could tell, we were the only gay couple on the Shadow with about 324 passengers sailing. In spite of that, we felt perfectly comfortable and thoroughly enjoyed both trips. Our butler on the Shadow (Negi) could not have been any more gracious and welcoming. I think you'll enjoy your experience, and we wouldn't hesitate to travel with Silversea again.

I've just read your post today and I thank you for your information...with some delay

Archived