Back from the Riviera...and it was STUNNING

JimandStan

Are the landromats on the front of the ship or back? As a landlubber I wouldn't know aft from port or bow!

You'd be surprised the information one can obtain by studing deck plans. This is displayed in the cruise line literature. Your World in the case of Oceania. They can be ordered online; mine reached me in Hawaii in less that a week.:cool:

Don P, you can download the Oceania "Your World" brochure that includes deck plans directly to your computer as a PDF file. (When you click this link, the PDF will open. Move your mouse and you'll see a gray toolbar. Click the little disk icon to save the PDF to your computer.)

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/emags/YourWorld-YourWay-1204/pubData/source/YourWorld_2-Full.pdf

Hi Jim & Stan,

Just wanted to tell you how much we really enjoyed your company in Martinis. The two of you were hilarious.

Have to agree, Riviera is beyond words. She was absolutely stunning. As always, the crew and staff are the best. The festivities couldn't have been any more fun.

In fact, I'm not sure, but I think I'm still recuperating from all the fun :D. Chuck and I hope to see you again on a future Oceania Cruise.

Denyse (Nysie) Campione

P.S. Wore all but one pair of my 36 lbs of shoes!!!! LOL

Excellent articles!

Don P, you can download the Oceania "Your World" brochure that includes deck plans directly to your computer as a PDF file. (When you click this link, the PDF will open. Move your mouse and you'll see a gray toolbar. Click the little disk icon to save the PDF to your computer.)

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/emags/YourWorld-YourWay-1204/pubData/source/YourWorld_2-Full.pdf

We are just back from the 2nd voyage and Riviera is lovely, just as lovely as Marina with better gangway wheelchair access (our only gripe with Marina). I have submitted a review so hopefully it will appear in a few days. In the meantime do ask questions and I will try to answer if I can.

There was a big mixture of very experienced and very new staff, all lovely, friendly and constantly smiling. We felt that in some areas (the Terrace Cafe in particular) seemed overstaffed and things went beyond good service to the point of hassle at times (you only want to be asked so many times during the course of a meal if everything is ok, sometimes we got 20+ such enquiries before we could finish our breakfast !) but I think that is just because they have extra staff onboard in the early days, hopefully things will settle down as time goes on. But that was our only little whinge, everything else was perfect !

We felt that in some areas (the Terrace Cafe in particular) seemed overstaffed and things went beyond good service to the point of hassle at times (you only want to be asked so many times during the course of a meal if everything is ok, sometimes we got 20+ such enquiries before we could finish our breakfast !) but I think that is just because they have extra staff onboard in the early days, hopefully things will settle down as time goes on. But that was our only little whinge, everything else was perfect !

Just off Nautica and it was no different in the Terrace Cafe. Six different servers asked me if I wanted another latte. It did not bother me a bit. I think that they are trained to make sure no one is overlooked. Trying to train my husband to do the same. LOL

Just arrived home today from the Riviera Maiden Voyage, and boy oh boy, she is one spectacular ship. :D

OceanIa-Riviera-inaugurado-en-Barcelona1.jpg

I took so many pictures that I'll be downloading them for days, but I wanted to jump right in to tell all of you who are booked on this beautiful new ship that Oceania has surpassed itself AGAIN!

riviera-christening-650.jpg The staff has been working like a well oiled machine from day one, and unless I miss my guess, the Riviera has introduced (dare I use the word?) a renaissance in the service that we can expect on Oceania, which was pretty darned good in the first place.

The Marina impressed me, the Riviera wowed me.

Thanks Jim and Stan for your initial report when you first boarded the Riviera. We were in room 11080 the VERY next cruise and I asked you to hide something that we could recognize as being from you. Well my husband found a pair of what looked to be women's socks up where the life vests were when we boarded!! I doubt if you left them, but it caused me to chuckle anyway!

We loved the ship too and the service was inpeccable!

I can't wait to see all your photos!

Archived