Port Said

mezza

Anything to do in pt said. I have been up and down the net heaps of times and there are no tours except to go to Cairo for the day and we have just returned from there. Does anyone know of anywhere interesting in port said to walk to??

Anything to do in pt said. I have been up and down the net heaps of times and there are no tours except to go to Cairo for the day and we have just returned from there. Does anyone know of anywhere interesting in port said to walk to??

from my own experience,I went with egypt private excursions and it was part of the program

"Horse drawn carriages await you on the pier for a leisurely paced morning tour of the city of Port Said. Named after Said Pasha, the ruler of Egypt in 1854 A. D. it was destroyed during the 7 Day War with Israel in 1967 which resulted in the eventual closure of the Suez Canal. Port Said was reclaimed and rebuilt in 1973 becoming a tax free zone, attracting settlers from all over Egypt. Today, its population is two million people. Your first stop will be Military Museum where the display of exhibits leaves a strong sense of the Canal's embattled history.

Included are tanks and artillery from the Israeli Egyptian confrontation during the October War of 1973 with the consequent reclaim of the city of Port Said and the canal.

Our second step will be to the great church of Eva Maria (which contains a piece from the Christ original cross); in our tour in Port Said we will visit the World War 2 cemetery

Lunch will be offered during the tour (sea food) "

hope this answer your question

best of luck

terry

Thx Terry - took me a while to track down the info based on horse and carriage and have booked something - funny thing is that websites only came up with my ipad and not with the windows laptop. Hmm Technology is challenging sometimes!! :rolleyes:

Thx Terry - took me a while to track down the info based on horse and carriage and have booked something - funny thing is that websites only came up with my ipad and not with the windows laptop. Hmm Technology is challenging sometimes!! :rolleyes:

Can you post the link??? Chris and I (blondietoo) may want to do something similar but no lunch.

Archived