Solstice formal night - what to wear?

passy

I am cruising on the Solstice from 4th June out of Barcelona with my Mum.

We selected Celebrity as it has more "formal nights" than other lines, and quite a clear dres code. We both enjoy dressing up and getting our glad rags on, and seeing everyone else do the same.

I'm now reading threads which suggest that people don't really bother to dress up for formal night? Is this right?

I am packing one long evening dress and a short cocktail dress and am really hoping that my fellow travellers will also make the effort to make formal night special?

Am I deluding myself??!

I am cruising on the Solstice from 4th June out of Barcelona with my Mum.

We selected Celebrity as it has more "formal nights" than other lines, and quite a clear dres code. We both enjoy dressing up and getting our glad rags on, and seeing everyone else do the same.

I'm now reading threads which suggest that people don't really bother to dress up for formal night? Is this right?

I am packing one long evening dress and a short cocktail dress and am really hoping that my fellow travellers will also make the effort to make formal night special?

Am I deluding myself??!

I was on the Solstice last year. There was a range of 'formal' attire; a few bejeweled gowns but not so many. I think with the difficulty of flying from the U.S. to Barcelona, bag weight limits etc, people went more for dressy knit dresses and pantsuits etc. However I think you should wear what you enjoy wearing. The majority of people at dinner in the main dining room were more dressy than usual but not as formally attired as they used to be a few years back. There were a few 'evening gowns' and lots of dressy jackets over knit pants etc. I just took one pair of dress pants and two sparkly long-sleeved knit tops for formal night and fit right in. In our roll call we are planning a group dinner in Qsine on one of the formal nights to avoid dressing up three times. That, however is in part because our itinerary only has one sea day out of 12.

Archived