Zaandam cabins

Frankie Sue

Thanks everyone for their positive input about my cabin! And I will definitely say "Hello" to Nestor (I have friends whose last name is Nester so it will be easy to remember!).:)

I'm sure I'll come up with some more questions in the next 3 weeks! Still trying to get this Mariner thing figured out. I have a # but it says I have no cruise history! :confused: I have an email in to them now.

We have stayed in cabin 7083 and 7086 on the Zaandam. They are one door away from the aft deck.

Previously known as secret cabins because they were priced as interior but still had a window. :)

Rockfan2

We booked cabin 7083 on the Zaandam. How is this cabin? Would you stay in it again? What did you like/didn't like about it? We wanted an OV on a higher deck and I found this one. I think it might be an obstructed view due to the aft deck but it still seems like a good choice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Our friends stayed in 7055 on the Amsterdam, which is the sister cabin to 7083. They had the same view out their window as we did in 7056 - out over the aft "secret" deck. The only difference was the open stairway up to the Lido was slightly in front of their window where we had no obstruction at all. They loved their cabin for the easy access to that secret aft deck where we congregated, literally five steps out your door. They were not bothered at all by the open stairway that partially obstructed their direct view out the window. You'll be just fine!

Comments please on our assigned cabin, Zaandam 1852. It is shown on the deck plan as an E cabin, a triple, with a connecting door to the next cabin (a double).

I am familiar with the R class outside cabins. Where is the connecting door?

Is it beside the bed? Or at the foot of the bed? Or do we lose closet space by having a door? or?

Will noise carry through the door? I'm a fairly light sleeper. Is there noise from below? (crew quarters).

Thanks for all comments.

Took your advice and booked 7086 on Zaandam, unfortunately cannot find pictures on sticky as instructed. I just cannot work the sticky. Can someone walk me through? Thanks

Frankie Sue - copy and paste this link and see if it takes you to the page with the pictures. You'll need to scroll all the way down on the page to see those 2 cabins ya'll were talking about.

http://abqreunion2008.com/Volendam/Deck-7.html

Comments please on our assigned cabin, Zaandam 1852. It is shown on the deck plan as an E cabin, a triple, with a connecting door to the next cabin (a double).

I am familiar with the R class outside cabins. Where is the connecting door?

Is it beside the bed? Or at the foot of the bed? Or do we lose closet space by having a door? or?

Will noise carry through the door? I'm a fairly light sleeper. Is there noise from below? (crew quarters).

Thanks for all comments.

Connecting door should be at the foot of the bed. You will not lose any closet space. If you have considerate neighbours like I did in my cabin 2579, you won't hear a thing. However if they have loud TV or music you may. If this happens I'd ask them to please turn it down. Enjoy your cruise & the Zaandam.:)

Thanks Donna, it worked. But now I am a bit worried as the cabin looks much smaller than a regular window cabin, and there does not seem to be anywhere to sit other than the bed, any comments anyone?

According to the 4 pictures on Joanies site, there is a sofa to the right of the bed with a lamp table beside the right hand side of the sofa. Looks like a small portion of the sofa is facing a wall of the bathroom. The door with all the stuff hanging on it is the bathroom door.

Connecting door should be at the foot of the bed. You will not lose any closet space. If you have considerate neighbours like I did in my cabin 2579, you won't hear a thing. However if they have loud TV or music you may. If this happens I'd ask them to please turn it down. Enjoy your cruise & the Zaandam.:)

Thanks! It will be a new location for me to try. I've always been on Main Deck or higher.

Hi everyone:

Any other suggestions for best window cabins on the Zaandam. From your suggestions, I am tempted to book 7083 or 7086. Is it a regular size window?

thanks again for your help.

They have full size windows, starboard side has a partially obstructed view by the staircase, portside has a clear view.

Both windows face aft.

Enjoy!

Rockfan2

We booked cabin 7083 on the Zaandam. How is this cabin? Would you stay in it again? What did you like/didn't like about it? We wanted an OV on a higher deck and I found this one. I think it might be an obstructed view due to the aft deck but it still seems like a good choice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

We have stayed in these cabins twice and we are booked on the Amsterdam in the sister cabin for our 14 day Alaska cruise in August. It is our cabin location of choice. :)

Bathroom only has a shower (no tub). Storage space seemed a bit more limited but we plan on taking advantage of the laundry service so this will cut down on what we need to take. DH always takes his tux and since this cruise is Alaska we take our rain gear and boots.

Rockfan2

Thanks Donna, it worked. But now I am a bit worried as the cabin looks much smaller than a regular window cabin, and there does not seem to be anywhere to sit other than the bed, any comments anyone?

There is a small couch and the vanity stool to sit on.

On our Hawaii cruise last fall DH took part in the boat building competition and we shared our cabin with a seven foot long, five foot wide catamaran.

No worries. Have fun!

Rockfan2

• 2 years later...

We are "this close" to booking South America and Arctic cruise. Looking to shave off a few dollars, and am tempted to book lowest price outside, but am worried about rough seas around the horn. Will it be terribly uncomfortable in one of those secret aft "inside" cabins?::confused: Are the seas noticeably different?

We normally book balcony, mid-ship, but definitely cannot afford that on this trip.

Suggestions for pricing strategies and cabin location would be appreciated. Looks like explore 4 is not available for this cruise.

If you desire, you could send me an email. Trixiee at me dot com.

Thank you!