Do we have enough time for Cave Tubing

Reeneea

We are scheduled to be in Belize 1pm to 7pm. I have contacted Wet N Wild and they do not think this is a problem, but of course they would not be the ones stranded! They sound like a great company and I would like to go with them over ship tour (have always booked my own and never done ship tours), but this sounds like I would be cutting it close. Any opinions? I really want to do cave tubing, I looked for a ship that went to Belize just so I could do this, well there were a couple other factors also.
Thanks for any help.
Reeneea

Celebration 2001
Voyager 2002
Rhapsody 2003
Grand Princess 12/2004

Hello!
Just want you to know, that, I just got back from doing this very same tour, with the same company and the guide, Marvin was definately proffesional in every way, from begining to ending every thing worked out smoothly, I would say go by your own judgement, from our point of view Marvin was very dependable and trust worthy.

Jeff

Don't worry, Marvin at Wet & Wild will make sure you are back with no problem. The excursion runs 4-5 hours from dock to dock. We had 2 ships with 2 different departure times on our excursion and Marvin made sure everyone was back with time to spare.

Thank you so much all of you for repling. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. One reason, besides the great reviews, we are going with Wet N wild is that the age accepted is 8, instead of 10 ( I have a 9 & 10y/o).
Reeneea

Celebration 2001
Voyager 2002
Rhapsody 2003
Grand Princess 12/2004

I did look at Xstream kids tour, but the age starts at 5, I have a 5y/o (who will stay on the ship) she swims pretty well, but just seems alittle young for this type of tour. I think we will all enjoy it more if it were geared toward the older (8 & up) child. Plus my daughter loves the kids programs and our friends that are going will have a 4y/o (almost 5) who will stay on the ship. Thanks for all the inputs and advice, I greatly appreciate it.
Reeneea

• 4 weeks later...
I second all the recommendations for Marvin and Wet-N-Wild. Our tour lasted 6 hours total, but Marvin can easily work around your individual schedule and will be sure to get you back in time. He's great! Have fun!

Alyson

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Enchantment of the Seas

lpglarry - How bad are your cousin's knees and what is portly? I've never heard of it! I too have a bad knee. The 45 min. hike wasn't too hard for me, however it was a little difficult getting into the river because you are on a small hill and have to get on your butt and slide down into the water. We used X-treme and Richard was our guide. He was very helpful to those he knew had problems. As a matter of fact. He locked onto my tube with his feet and pulled me most of the way. At one point another person was having problems and he told me to lock my feet onto her tube and he pulled us both!

Larry, I am heavy also and so were a few others in our group. It all depends on how active your cousin is whether or not he would be able to handle this excursion. If he just sits around and doesn't do any activity at all, I don't think he could do it. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle the hike, but I kept up with everyone. I was in the back of the group, but they didn't have to wait for me or the other heavy people in our group! Once you get to the river, you do have to paddle with your arms and it is work. But like I said, Richard, our guide helped us along most of the way! Hope this helps.
~Darla

Larry, We used [url="http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm"]X-treme[/url] I highly recommend them. They are more personal and the guides are very knowledgable of the caves. X-treme only has a maximun of 14 in there group, while the ship takes 50 -60! Tell your cousin to tell the guide he has a bad knee and they will go out of there way to accomodate him. You will have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...
I reserved a tour with X-treme, in December, traveling on the Coral Princess. I am worried about having enough time and not being rushed. Can any one let me know how long this excursion lasted? We are at port from 7-4 and are suppose to meet at 8:50 Belize time.

• 2 weeks later...
[i][size=3][color=royalblue]We too are going in Dec 2004! Can not wait, we are so excited! But does anyone know what the weather will be in Dec is it warm, cool, cold? Anything else we need to know? :confused: [/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=#4169e1]Thanks,[/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=#4169e1]Gayle[/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=#4169e1]Grand Princess[/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=3][color=#4169e1]7 days 4 Dec 2004[/color][/size][/i]

Archived