Store near the port in Seattle???

lucy2222

Does anyone know if there is a convienence store or grocery store near the port in Seattle? We want to purchase bottled water, either just before we board, or after we board.

You can also buy wine at Washington State liquor stores. Not as good a selecton but probably somewhat cheaper than wine stores. There is one at 2nd and Seneca in downtown Seattle that is open Mon-Sat until 6pm. You can find store locations and product information at http://www.liq.wa.gov.

There is also a nice wine shop at the far north end of the Pike Place Market. Its on the NE corner across the street from the actual market.

Pike Street Market is only 2 blocks from Pier 66, plenty of shops and markets to buy wine. Don't miss the fish throwing at the fish market at the south end. Best way to get to the market is go one block south go across the street to the parking lot and take the elevator up 4 stories and you are at Pike Street market. Pier 30, there is nothing for 3 miles but when I was there last year, there was bottled water furnished by Princess.

Don't miss the fish throwing at the fish market at the south end. .

Low flying fish are KEWL. We have to stop & watch every time we're near the market.

-Monte

Thanks, mom! Champion looks great! They have styrofoam packers, and it looks like they may even deliver to pier or hotel, or we'll stop over by taxi to pick up enroute to pier from hotel! Even better, the website says they will help with recommendations. We are doing Princes R/T August 14 on the Sapphire, so I'm thinking I will ask someone earlier in the month or late July for menus from Diamond/Sapphire and ask the wine store to help me with selections. We have 44 people traveling together, but expect our subgroup of 8-16 will dine together or adjacent. I'm not buying wine for everyone :(LOL, but thought it would be good to have one or two cases if easy to ship or pickup, and this looks like it fits the bill!

If you continue walking down from pier 66 - heading south - you will come to some gift shops and specialty stores and you might find a small Mom & Pop store that has water and things you can buy. It wouldn't be very convenient though to lug it all back to pier 66. If you're in a taxi I would recommend asking them to stop somewhere along the way. (But it is a fun place to walk if you want to, all along the waterfront.)

Maybe you could pack just enough in your carry-on or suitcase to last until we make it to the first port and then buy some there. There are lots of stores very close to the dock in Ketchikan. (I say 'we' as if I'm on your cruise! But I'm not going until September.)

Have fun!

Hikini:D

There's a mom and pop right on the street at the Pier 66 complex. I doubt if they have wine but they do have limited quantities of soft drinks and water, etc.

Remember that there's excellent bottled water available in ports in AK too, and wine is often cheaper in AK - lower taxes than WA - if you can get it back onto the boat.

For T30 cruisers, yer outta luck - everything's a cab ride.

Archived