Welcome Aboard Kit

soccerma

I received our welcome aboard kit and carefully put it somewhere safe so it wouldn't get lost.....:rolleyes: we have changed cabins, thanks to a couple upgrades so I wouldn't have been able to use the pre-printed luggage tags, but is there anything else of vital importance that I am now missing? Would NCL send me another one if I asked?

I received our welcome aboard kit and carefully put it somewhere safe so it wouldn't get lost.....:rolleyes: we have changed cabins, thanks to a couple upgrades so I wouldn't have been able to use the pre-printed luggage tags, but is there anything else of vital importance that I am now missing? Would NCL send me another one if I asked?

Most likely not. Just cross out the cabin number on the luggage tags they sent you and write in the new cabin using a sharpie. I've done that for my 2 NCL cruises and have had no issues getting our luggage.

For luggage tags you can log into your account on NCL and download them as an editable PDF file. Open the file up and change your cabin number and print them out

Nothing in the Welcome Aboard Book that you can't get by signing into your rervation on line and downloading and printing your cruise documents and luggage tags. Have a great cruise!

I just assumed that if we printed out our docs - we did not get a welcome book in the mail. Will we get a welcome book - will luggage tags be sent to us - or must we print them out? Please advise - sailing June 23 - still no packet?? Have not sailed NCL in a long time - don't know procedure. Thanks!

We sailed last a year ago, and got our package 30-40 days before the cruise. It had luggage tags and a booklet. As we didn't order any flights or transfers or hotels. there was nothing really useful in that book - we left it at home... I think we took the ship map with us to get aquainted on the way.

I just assumed that if we printed out our docs - we did not get a welcome book in the mail. Will we get a welcome book - will luggage tags be sent to us - or must we print them out? Please advise - sailing June 23 - still no packet?? Have not sailed NCL in a long time - don't know procedure. Thanks!

Yes, you will still receive a welcome aboard kit. I am sailing on the Star on June 10th and just got my welcome aboard kit in the mail a few days ago. I received an e-mail from NCL a couple of days before saying that the kit was being mailed. My kit included the luggage tags with our cabin number printed on them. Since I received my kit about 2 weeks prior to our departure I would imagine you will receive yours around the same time. Have a great trip!

Treacher, we are on the same sailing and have had our welcome book for about a month already (got it about 50 days out from sailing). Nothing in there except luggage tags and general information about ship, excursions, services etc.. Print out edocs for ship on MyNCL and extra tags if you wish. At port, there will be blank tags you can add to your luggage as well. Otherwise, there is nothing of consequence in the packet.

~Michele

Does anyone know if NCL sends the welcome book to passengers on Pride Of America too? My travel agent told me yesterday that I wouldn't get any documents or anything in the mail but then I seen this thread. Also, I can't find where on the website I can print luggage tags. I'm 36 days out so perhaps I should just wait a bit longer but I'm getting excited. Though I have been on 9 cruises so far, this will be my first time to Hawaii and my first time on NCL!

Does anyone know if NCL sends the welcome book to passengers on Pride Of America too? My travel agent told me yesterday that I wouldn't get any documents or anything in the mail but then I seen this thread. Also, I can't find where on the website I can print luggage tags. I'm 36 days out so perhaps I should just wait a bit longer but I'm getting excited. Though I have been on 9 cruises so far, this will be my first time to Hawaii and my first time on NCL!

We got one when we went on the POA this past January.

Usually if you book with a TA they will receive the packet. Some send it on to the guest and some don't. As has been said, you can show up without the tags and all of the porters have them at the pier. We did it last time and no problems.

On the go mom - did you book DIRECTLY through NCL online or did you use a travel agent - I booked via agen - maybe they get packet and then sent to us - that might be the delay?

Booked through a TA, looks like it comes from NCL directly. But, again, luggage tags are really the only important part of the booklet (they are color coded and preprinted with 2 tags for each passenger in your party). The booklet itself has topics such as "get ready to cruise" and "Things to do on board". All these things can be found on the website...including the luggage tags (tags will only print black and white, won't be color coded or preprinted)

Contact the NCL 800 number and request another packet. I'm sure they would honor the request. See you in 18 days!

~Michele:D

Archived