Barrier Reef Snorkel & Beach at Rendezvous Caye Excursion

Ocruise

Hi all. This July we will be visiting Belize on Royal Carribbean's Explorer of the Seas. Has anyone ever done the Barrier Reef Snorkel & Beach at Rendezvous Caye excursion? My husband is a big snorkel fan, so I was thinking about this one. The only thing is, it says a catamaran takes you to the site, we have been to Belize before, the water seems a little rough for a catamaran. (We took a speedboat on our last excursion)

We went to Belize on our Carnival Paradise cruise last year. I think we went to Ambergis Caye, I wonder if it's near Rendezvous Caye. The snokeling was really good there. I did want to do something different on this cruise.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Marina

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from Grandeur yesterday and we visited Belize. We booked the Barrier Reef Snorkel through the ship. We loved it. We didn't go on a catamaran though. We had a double decker boat with Captain Charles and his crew. We went about 12 miles out to the reef, there was a small island there with about 5 palm trees, sandy beaches and floating platforms out in the snorkel area. The crew started handing out the equipment as soon as we left the pier, then gave instructions so we were ready to hit the water as soon as they dropped anchor. The water wasn't rough at all and was crystal clear. The snorkeling was great. I went right along the edge of the reef and swam through schools of fish. It dropped off right past the reef and I couldn't even see the bottom. There was a lot of different coral and fish. Closer into the beach it was a sandy bottom. The tour also included the use of floating beach mats and kayaks.

I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.

----------------------------

Explorer 11/2001

Explorer 12/14/02

Serenade 10/13/03

Grandeur 5/21/04

----------------------------

Until Voyager 10/8/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;8;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<MARQUEE>Won't Be Long Now till we'll be cruisin'</MARQUEE>

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys icon_smile.gif, I usually hang out on the Cozumel board, but I do check out my neighbour to the south every once in a while!

You are both talking about the same tour...checkard, you WERE on a catamaran, it is a power cat and not a sailboat which you might of been thinking of. My friend Mike did that tour a few months ago and he loved it too.

Ocruise, it's a big boat, about 65' long and 25' wide and because it has 2 hulls, it's a lot more stable than a regular boat (monohull). I think you'll have a great time, enjoy!

Tom at

Paradise Beach

• 1 month later...

Question- can you easily get to the beach? My parents do not snorkle. We did goffs caye last year & loved it. just wondering how far out they anchor & if there are steps/ its easy to get ashore. thanks!

Archived