A new Nut one >> wash hands at water dispenser LOL

There have been tests conducted on public drinking fountain spigots which show that just letting the water run a couple of seconds washes out 90% or more of any bacteria that might have been left by someone whose mouth touched the spigot when taking a drink, something lots of people do all the time. No EEEWWUUU factor. No Hollywood viral explosion special effects creating zombies out of someone's saliva, which had in fact "washed down the drain".

One thing with the OP's incident of hand washing is that the drains underneath the fountain dispensers aren't designed to hold lots of water runoff that handwashing/rinsing requires. But the guy's hands were cleaner when he touched the dispenser lever than the next person in line's were. However, it's true that there is a public "gross-out"-ness to the act and best avoided. I agree that using cups to fill personal containers is a good way to go, even though filling a Bubba mug would take a lot of cups; less risk of overspillage too.

I totally agree about NCL, coming back from port there was a guy handing out wet towels with tongs before we got back on ship, and a bin to throw the towels into before you got back on board, I was amazed. The people stationed at the buffet lines were telling people to sanitize their hands.

Well, I agree that these are good measures, but the fact that such measures are necessary..........a sad state of affairs, surely. I mean, if the cruise line has to staff people to tell the passengers to wash their hands before eating, then what does that say about the passengers (not all, but a large percentage of them) in general? Not much, I fear. Even just last year on a cruise, I saw at least 2 persons take food from the Lido buffet with their BARE hands, instead of using the tongs. I work as a server in a somewhat upscale restaurant that caters to a well-heeled, seemingly well-educated crowd..........and I've seen far too large a percentage of guests do some really disgusting things at the table. I guess it doesn't matter where you are.

Archived