RUI all inclusive was a waste of money

nator555

I was at the RIU recently on our cruise and my boyfriend and I were both really diasppointed so I thought I would post a review on here to help others out. I bought 2 adult days passes ($75 each). First, we arrived at 11am and it took us a half a hour to check in...the desk clerk was having issues finding our reservation even thought I brought a email confirmation with us. Second, the drink were awful and were in small cups (smaller than a sippy cup). There were only a few name brand bottle of liquors to be seen. The majority of the bartenders were inconvienenced by guests asking for a drink. I went to the beach and was told that it was $25 to rent a umbrella per day...I was pissed...how does a all inclusive resort charge for umbrella rentals? There was zero trees and I refused to pay for a umbrella so we had no choice to sit near the pool (we got too much sun the day before and needed to avoid the sun). The pool was disgustingly dirty...and had very cloudy water. There was foam from drinks people spilled in the water floating on the top. There was oil floating all over the water all throughout the pool. I spoke to a guest who was staying at the hotel and she said this was how the water has been all week. The swim up bar looked great but I didnt want to get into the water. The lunch buffet was good even though they had very few desserts to pick from. They had plenty of seating inside and outside of the restaurant. There was a huge bird problem at the restaurant and it was a big turn off! There were pigeons inside the restaurant walking around like they owned the place. Employees overlooked them and didnt care. Where there are birds there is bird poop....oh my lord was there bird poop....all over the outside tables and walkways (if you were barefoot you were screwed). I am talking hundreds of piles of bird poop....I have been to many resorts and have never seen the bird problem this out of control. Furthermore, the birds were annoying and even sat at the end of our table eating scrapes off out used plates...they were maybe 2-3 feet from us the whole time urgh! The bathrooms near the pool were also horrible...I used a couple different bathrooms and there was no soap in any of them and toilet paper was hard to find....not to mention the seats had pee all over them and there was tons of sand on the floor. One positive is that the beach was very pretty and was a great size. I will never go back to this place even if it was free...we only stayed 4 hours and that was too much! The rest of our trip was great but I guess you cant win them all:)

Thanks for the review. We still were halfway considering the RIU, but it was below The British Colonial on our list and now I have scratched it off of our list. Just 2 expensive to risk not having a good time. Plus they charge for 3 and up $50 and we will have a 3 year old with us.

Archived