X-stream cave tubing OR Wet and Wild

caca

Hi!
I am not sure about xtreme, but I can tell you about WET N'WILD we went on this tour with them, and our guide was Marvin he was excellent very knowledgeable, he showed us a lot of things, while hiking. He was very patient with the kids our youngest was 8years, he knew every thing inside that cave at no time we felt in danger, after the float lunch was provided we paid $60.00 per person and that included every thing hope this helps, I strongly recomend to go with them, we had a blast!!!

Jeff

We also booked our tour with Marvin at Wet & Wild. We had a group of 14 with 2 children between 8-10. Our guide took special care to make sure the kids were safe at all times. We were given some interesting information about the country on the trip to the site. The excursion itself was wonderful and the lunch afterward - included in the price was excellent. The chocolate muffins were like nothing I've ever tasted. It was a great experience from start to finish and Marvin is professional and goes out of his way to accomodate his customers in every way!

Well now I just found out that Coral Breeze also does the cave tubing and it includes lunch for only $55. Now I have to decide between 3 places!

Caca
Carnival Sensation -10/00 & 06/01
Explorer of the Seas -11/01
Carnival Triumph -06/02
Voyager of the seas -10/02
NCL Majesty- 2/03
Celebrity Galaxy- 6/03
Navigator of the Seas 10/03
Grandeur of the Seas 6/04

I just got back and went on the X-stream cave tubing. Our guide was Thomas and he showed us some cool thing-types of trees/plant, formations in the walk through caves, 2 kinds of bats-on the walk to the cave. There were a couple of groups that passed by while he was doing that and thier tour didn't stop to look at them. We walked a little while longer than the other tours there and put into the river an a different location and floated trough a 2nd cave that I don't think the other tours did. n Our guide had a special color of head lamp so you could find him from the hundreds of other tubers in the cave at the same time. The group can't be bigger than 14 b/c that is all that can fit into the 15 passanger vans that they us. I would really recommend this this company, they were great!

We are using x-stream next week. We'll let you know how it goes!

Couting down to our first cruise...
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,
We just returned from our first cruise aboard Enchantment of the Seas. The highlight of our trip was cave tubing with Marvin and Wet-N-Wild!

We booked our reservation over the internet via [email]cavetubing@yahoo.com[/email]. We only had to leave a $24 deposit for two of us. The total cost was $60 per person and that fee included the fabulous BBQ lunch that has been mentioned several times on this board.

I have to tell you all that Marivin is a wonderful host! He LOVES what he does, and he guides tours to the caves 6 days a week! He said he'd been doing it for many years and looks forward to it everyday! Once we were relaxing in our tubes, I had to admit it seemed like a pretty good job! Anyway, Marvin was very friendly, gave us some history of Belize on our hour long drive into the country, and told us about some of the native trees and creatures found along the hike to the stream. He was great with the 3 kids in our group (ages 7-12) and was careful and made a point to look after them on both the hike and during the tubing.

We had only a group of 10 (11 including Marvin). This was quite different from the group of at least 50 in the RCCL group which was a ways in front of us. They seemed to be quite crowded together, while we had plenty of space to spread out while still staying together as a group.

The drive was comfortable in the air-conditioned van. The hike was easy, although we kept up a good pace most of the time. Once in a while, Marvin would stop us and tell us about a native plant or creature along the way. W

e did notice that we walked a longer hike than some of the other groups and found out later that the Carnival groups and some others started way down the stream and had a much shorter ride. We actually got to float through 2 miles of caves. There was only one break in the caves where we saw light again in the middle of our floating experience. When we first entered the water, it felt great because we were hot from the hike. After floating for a while though, I got pretty cold in the dark cave and cold stream water. It was still an incredible experience!

The "rapids" are very minimal and the water there is very shallow, so no worries. Marvin was again great to get out of his tube and help quide us all so that we did not crash into the cave walls. If we did seem to be heading the wrong direction, he gave us advice on how to push off with our feet from the side.

As I mentioned before, the hot BBQ lunch after the tubing is out of this world. Maybe it is because you work up a good appetite after the workout of the hike and paddling the tube.

I accidentally dropped my headlight into the water just as we were getting out of the stream. I didn't notice however, that I had dropped it until we reached the camp again. I told Marvin and said I would be willing to go and look back at the stream and he offered to go instead. He was gone about 15 minutes while the reast of us ate lunch. He did find it, thankfully. I really appreciated this effort for me since I would have had to pay a lot of money to cover the cost of the headlight. Marvin went out of his way to insure we had a wonderful experience! He was also very conscientious about getting us back to our ships on time.

I recommend Marvin with Wet-N-Wild!
Thanks Marvin!
Alyson Jones

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Enchantment of the Seas

xtreme cave tubing was a horrible experience for us. Family of four with two gals. No forewarning of strong currents. Dark and cold and long caves. Seemed most in our group were struggling. Our guide was a crab and very unhappy. What a waste of what could have been a great day. My husband is up for any type of excursion,but was ticked by the guide's passifying behavior and the lack of info on this trip. Maybe ships or others had more fun with a better guide, info, and less currents?

Oh yea,when I read everyone's great reviews of cave tubing, I see how kind their guides were and how there warned them of rocks, currents, and let them get out of their tubes. Our guide, Thomas, only yelled and showed us how unhappy he was to have us with him. It stunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did the cave tubing with X-treme in May. Our group of 12 loved the cave tubing. Everyone of us! I can't speak for Thomas, because Richard was our guide. He was great! Such a kind person. He talked the whole way in the van while driving to the caves about Belize and during the walk through the rain forest pointed out many interesting things. Once we got to the caves, he made sure everyone was taken care of and stopped every once in a while to point out things in the caves and make sure our group was together. I give him and X-treme, since that is who he works for, an A+!!

• 1 month later...
[quote name='revelations']xtreme cave tubing was a horrible experience for us. Family of four with two gals. No forewarning of strong currents. Dark and cold and long caves. Seemed most in our group were struggling. Our guide was a crab and very unhappy. What a waste of what could have been a great day. My husband is up for any type of excursion,but was ticked by the guide's passifying behavior and the lack of info on this trip. Maybe ships or others had more fun with a better guide, info, and less currents?[/QUOTE][i][color=royalblue]Thanks for the info! Do you remember your tour guides name? We would really like to avoid him. We will be there in Dec 2004. Sounds like everyone really likes Marvin, Wet and Wild. [/color][/i]
[i][color=#4169e1]Gayle[/color][/i]
[i][color=#4169e1]Grand Princess[/color][/i]
[i][color=#4169e1]7 Days 4 Dec 2004[/color][/i]

This may be a little off track, but is there anywhere to go to the bathroom on these tours? 5 1/2 hours is a long time...and I don't see where there could be a bathroom walking through the jungle or floating down the river.

There is a bathroom at the park where you do the tubing. You aren't actually in the rainforest and tubing for the whole 5 1/2 hrs. Remember, it is almost an hours drive to and from the park. Just make sure you go before you leave the port, as soon as you get there, and after you are done tubing and before you start back to port. Have fun!

Archived