NCL liquor and soft drink questions

Unknotted

Yes, I know I can look this up at NCL's website, I've done that. And yes, I know I could do a search, but asking you all here and now is easier. (Is it obvious I am used to the sarcasm that usually comes from asking anything like this at the CCL boards?)

It's been ages since we've cruised with NCL and since things change and my memory is bad to boot, I need my brain to be updated on this info.

Can you bring wine on board at embarkation? If so, how much?

Can you bring soft drinks, juice or water on board?

If you order a bar set up I know you now get 3 mixers and three garnishes, but is that like 3 cans of coke and three individual items or a few of each of three different things? (I'm personally wondering what good three little cherries would do when considering a whole bottle of liquor.)

Did I forget to ask anything important?? :rolleyes:

You can bring as much wine as you like-- but you have to pay $15 per 750 ml bottle corkage fee, even before you get on the ship. Doesn't matter where you drink the wine.

All soft drinks, water, stuff like that can be brought on at no extra charge.

I've never ordered a bar setup, but I know they cost MUCH more than on Carnival-- like, $80 to $100 a bottle.

You can bring as much wine as you like-- but you have to pay $15 per 750 ml bottle corkage fee, even before you get on the ship. Doesn't matter where you drink the wine.

All soft drinks, water, stuff like that can be brought on at no extra charge.

I've never ordered a bar setup, but I know they cost MUCH more than on Carnival-- like, $80 to $100 a bottle.

Carnival just raised their prices to pretty much match NCL. People are really hollering about that.

Thanks for the info.

Hi, just returned from the GEM Saturday, we brought a couple bottles of wine, must be in your carry on baggage. Upon going through the xray you will be asked to step over to a table to pay your corkage fee for each bottle. Goes fast, smooth and easy. We also brought a case of water and a case of gatorade, these were taken by the baggage handlers out front, who asked us to throw a baggage tag on each case, and offered to tag it for us if we didn't have an extra, and whisked them away. Everything was in our cabins that night without problems at all.

Hi, just returned from the GEM Saturday, we brought a couple bottles of wine, must be in your carry on baggage. Upon going through the xray you will be asked to step over to a table to pay your corkage fee for each bottle. Goes fast, smooth and easy. We also brought a case of water and a case of gatorade, these were taken by the baggage handlers out front, who asked us to throw a baggage tag on each case, and offered to tag it for us if we didn't have an extra, and whisked them away. Everything was in our cabins that night without problems at all.

re:"Must be in carryon".

Though that makes it all easier, it is NOT required. If in your checked bag, and they spot it, they will hold the bag for you to come to the naughty room, then identify it and pay for it.

Archived