Need instructions when cruiseline handles air arrangements

seagopher

I had a TA handle my reservations for an upcoming cruise with a group. I was informed to call airline 30 days in advance of trip to get my seat assignment. When I called I was informed I could not get a seat assignment until we arrived at the airport because we were part of a group.

I am planning a cruise next year and would like to know if there is a way around this problem as I might again be part of a group.

The answer is a simple NO. We had a similar situation when we sailed with Princess to Tahiti and the package included air. Your only recourse is to get to the airport early so you can negotiate a better seat if you don't like what has been assigned to you. Happy Sailing!

I had a TA handle my reservations for an upcoming cruise with a group. I was informed to call airline 30 days in advance of trip to get my seat assignment. When I called I was informed I could not get a seat assignment until we arrived at the airport because we were part of a group.

I am planning a cruise next year and would like to know if there is a way around this problem as I might again be part of a group.

Your TA could have called for seat assignments. Even it was a group cruise, unless the plane is so full, the airline can assign seats.

Not when it's a chartered plane especially for the cruiseline. In that case, you cannot get seat assignments ahead of schedule, mostly because they don't know the what plane/configuration they will be using. We've been there, gone thru it. Happy Sailing!

Archived