Bannister Island NCL booked

mitsugirly

After a lot of consideration (and reading mixed reviews), we decided to go ahead and book Bannister Island (and just did), with NCL.

Even though we've done an excursion in Belize not using the ship, we felt that this time around we wanted to go to an island/beach and this just made sense to us (since they pick you right up from the ship without having to tender).

A few questions...

I've read that Bannister has contracts with different cruise ships and they book for different times (so it's a hit or miss on how many people will be there that day and at what times in order to get chairs). It says on NCL's site that the time is 9:15am (and that's the only option you have to pick from), so I'm assuming we are the "early birds" to the place. Since the beach break is only 4 hours, that puts us leaving the island at 1:15pm or arriving back at the ship at that time?

Also, anyone have the link to how many ships will be in port that day? (December 19th). I use to have it, but can't seem to locate the port schedule.

Also, it says that the ship leaves at 5pm. So if we arrive at 1:15 (or a little later) there should be plenty of time to tender over to the port if we decide to do so right? (Just to maybe pick up some souvenirs). I can't remember how long the tender is there...maybe 1/2 hour ride?

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

I checked a cruise website , and if I am correct, your ship is the only one there that day , so you should have it made..:)

After a lot of consideration (and reading mixed reviews), we decided to go ahead and book Bannister Island (and just did), with NCL.

Even though we've done an excursion in Belize not using the ship, we felt that this time around we wanted to go to an island/beach and this just made sense to us (since they pick you right up from the ship without having to tender).

A few questions...

I've read that Bannister has contracts with different cruise ships and they book for different times (so it's a hit or miss on how many people will be there that day and at what times in order to get chairs). It says on NCL's site that the time is 9:15am (and that's the only option you have to pick from), so I'm assuming we are the "early birds" to the place. Since the beach break is only 4 hours, that puts us leaving the island at 1:15pm or arriving back at the ship at that time?

Also, anyone have the link to how many ships will be in port that day? (December 19th). I use to have it, but can't seem to locate the port schedule.

Also, it says that the ship leaves at 5pm. So if we arrive at 1:15 (or a little later) there should be plenty of time to tender over to the port if we decide to do so right? (Just to maybe pick up some souvenirs). I can't remember how long the tender is there...maybe 1/2 hour ride?

Thanks for your help in advance. :)

Not supposed to mention travel sites on these boards , but what I do on this one is go to your cruise date, select a port, Belize , and seacrh for any sailings..E-mail me at buddyv123@att.net and I can tell you.. I always get in trouble with the hosts here..Dumb rules if you ask me...

Thanks for the info.

What is the site that you check for other ships in port that day? I can't seem to locate it.

Not supposed to mention travel sites on these boards , but what I do on this one is go to your cruise date, select a port, Belize , and seacrh for any sailings..E-mail me at buddyv123@att.net and I can tell you.. I always get in trouble with the hosts here..Dumb rules if you ask me...

I do know it's posted several places on here and wasn't against the rules back from our last cruise. I just haven't had time to search. I know there's a site that list all of the ports and you just go to the port you are looking for and then the date. It's not a "travel site" as in a travel agency or anything, which then would be against the rules.

It looks like we (Dawn) will be there with the Star that day.

I'm not sure that site is updated with all the ships. I just checked for my sailing in November and the Carnival Liberty is not listed at any of our stops. I think there is still a chance you may have some visitors on your excursion.

I'm not sure that site is updated with all the ships. I just checked for my sailing in November and the Carnival Liberty is not listed at any of our stops. I think there is still a chance you may have some visitors on your excursion.

Well that's a bummer. Do you know of any other sites that tell? Maybe I should check the actual port of Belize?

My advice is to make sure you pick up a raft or two as soon as you get there. People will grab them and park them by their beach chairs and then you won't be able to get one later in the day. We did the NCL excursion Snorkle and Beach break and had a lot of fun snorkling and at Bannister.

My advice is to make sure you pick up a raft or two as soon as you get there. People will grab them and park them by their beach chairs and then you won't be able to get one later in the day. We did the NCL excursion Snorkle and Beach break and had a lot of fun snorkling and at Bannister.

Will do. Thanks for the tip and I had heard about people arriving later in the day not being able to get any rafts. I will make sure to get one. :)

We booked with Coral Breeze to Bannister Island. There was a massive storm the night before and most of the tours to Bannister were canceled (We were on the Carnival Legend and they canceled the ships tour) but Coral Breeze still went. The visibility in the water was almost non existent.

We shared the island with about 18 people. Including employees! It was sheer heaven!

P1000574-M.jpg

This was rush hour at the bar.

P1000667-M.jpg

P1000668-M.jpg

P1000670-M.jpg

Absolutely without a doubt the best afternoon I have ever had. Period. In 53 years! Nice ocean breeze, deserted island, full bar, great service. Just amazing! :D

P1000572-M.jpg

You are going to enjoy Bannister Island. Went there by mistake last Oct when the Shark Ray Ally/Caye Caulker trip thru Coral Breezes got cancelled due to Hurrican Rina. Coral Breeze tours, which is an excellent tour operator, took us to Bannister instead. This place is a slice of paradise.

Can you book Bannister Island once we get to port or do you have to book it before?

Not to sure if you can book at the port. I would suggest you contact them via the coral breeze tours website. They do have a usa number you can call them on. Another option is to go to the Wet Lizard bar in the port and see if you find the reps. You may find that they may have room for last minute people.

NCL offers a beach break excursions which uses Bannister Island so could book via the ship.

Archived