Century Suites

2ndsailing

We booked a Century Suite on Penthouse Deck for our Panama Canal cruise on board the Century. Can anyone tell me if this is a good location/cabin. We booked it on board a recent cruise and we hope we made a good choice.

We booked a Century Suite on Penthouse Deck for our Panama Canal cruise on board the Century. Can anyone tell me if this is a good location/cabin. We booked it on board a recent cruise and we hope we made a good choice.

if you want specifics about your cabin, you will need to post the cabin number.

It would also help to understand what you are comparing it too? was your last cruise in a Penthouse Suite, Inside Cabin, Standard Balcony, etc. without a frame of reference, it is difficult to say how you will like this specific cabin.

Based on the map on Celebrity's site, I would personally like the general location, back of ship, overlooking the wake...and on an upper level deck. some people don't like that location because there is greater movement of the ship and some people get sick watching the up/down of the horizon.

As for the cabin, i would be ok in it, but would find it a little small. But again, everyone has different expectations and desires on how they spend their vacation dollars.

But, i am sure no matter what, you will have a good time, you will be on a cruise afterall!

• 2 weeks later...

Have just arrived home after a week on Century in a Century Suite, number 1134 which is the end one on the starboard side.

The room is the size we are used to when we have a Balcony Cabin on a modern ship.

The balcony is very deep and part of it is covered. It is overlooked by anyone who chooses to stand at the back of the Sunset Bar but they didn't appear to want to watch us when they had the beautiful Alaska scenery to watch. It had 2 sunbeds with seat pads and when the sun is high, it will shine on the balcony no matter which way the ship is sailing. The balcony also had table and chairs and we had breakfast out there every morning except one complete with tablecloth! Gene insisted on the tablecloth!

We were woken the first morning at 5.45 by the staff moving chairs in the bar above but we never heard that again at that time of the morning. The Sunset Bar closes at 11pm so we weren't bothered by music too late at night.

We had a wonderful butler called Gene. Nothing was too much for him although, having never had a butler before, I guess we weren't too demanding. As soon as I have some photos sorted, I shall post some for you.

We loved this cabin and would book it again tomorrow.

Hope this helps.

Archived