Help......Epic plug sockets!??!

lynnquenby

I know you CC'ers will know the answer to my question !

so we've sailed Epic before, but I'm having a mental block and a sail in a week! Can someone let me know whether the sockets are US or European? I recall that there was only a couple, but as from UK we'll need adapters either way!

Thanks!

I know you CC'ers will know the answer to my question !

so we've sailed Epic before, but I'm having a mental block and a sail in a week! Can someone let me know whether the sockets are US or European? I recall that there was only a couple, but as from UK we'll need adapters either way!

Thanks!

They have both, there's a thread somewhere with pics but at least one if not (in inside) two of each.

I have a travel adaptor with two bits, one for US and one for Euro so take both and it gives me two uk sockets. Use the euro to charge phones/cameras etc.. A the US is low voltage and would take ages!

the plug under the desk has two 110v US-style plugs (3 prong) and two 220v Euro-style two prong plugs. If you use the euro plugs, make sure your items run on 220v

(pic courtesy of mystic330)

attachment.php?attachmentid=233038&stc=1&d=1336831669

the plug under the desk has two 110v US-style plugs (3 prong) and two 220v Euro-style two prong plugs. If you use the euro plugs, make sure your items run on 220v

(pic courtesy of mystic330)

attachment.php?attachmentid=233038&stc=1&d=1336831669

Lynn is from UK so it's the other way around. Most adapters over here are 220-240 (European-uk) and so some don't work on US low volts.

Lynn is from UK so it's the other way around. Most adapters over here are 220-240 (European-uk) and so some don't work on US low volts.

Oh my!!! I learnt that the hard way last summer!!!! I get * humidity hair*.......curls and frizz at the SMELL of humidity......:o

I can't survive without my straighteners.........irons in USA???

Last August......first night of hols, plug them in.........a big fat NOTHING!!!!!

Next day.....first stop......Walmart.....USA straighteners!!

Now I plan to take these on board the Epic this August........BUT........we are in Barcelona for a few days before the cruise and in Sitges for a few days after........so can I convert the USA straighteners or shall I bring UK ones as well and an already bought euro adaptor ?

This could get VERY complicated as I'm married to a VERY minimalist packer..........and MY nickname is Justin..........because I pack EVERYTHING.........just in case!!!;)

Thanks Craig and SD mike....info appreciated! Think

It will be Europeans for us ;)

melting moments re the straighteners if you have GHDs then these have a built in European plug, so that may work for you?!

Oh my!!! I learnt that the hard way last summer!!!! I get * humidity hair*.......curls and frizz at the SMELL of humidity......:o

I can't survive without my straighteners.........irons in USA???

Last August......first night of hols, plug them in.........a big fat NOTHING!!!!!

Next day.....first stop......Walmart.....USA straighteners!!

Now I plan to take these on board the Epic this August........BUT........we are in Barcelona for a few days before the cruise and in Sitges for a few days after........so can I convert the USA straighteners or shall I bring UK ones as well and an already bought euro adaptor ?

This could get VERY complicated as I'm married to a VERY minimalist packer..........and MY nickname is Justin..........because I pack EVERYTHING.........just in case!!!;)

They did have a few in the beer/cig shop onboard which has some general stuff as well but basically if you have a couple of euro adapters then all your UK stuff will work as the euro sockets throw out 220v. If you have US stuff it will plug straight into the US sockets..

Thanks Craig and SD mike....info appreciated! Think

It will be Europeans for us ;)

melting moments re the straighteners if you have GHDs then these have a built in European plug, so that may work for you?!

lynnquenby.........I'm more of a Babyliss girl myself!!!;)

They did have a few in the beer/cig shop onboard which has some general stuff as well but basically if you have a couple of euro adapters then all your UK stuff will work as the euro sockets throw out 220v. If you have US stuff it will plug straight into the US sockets..

Craig, thanks for that! I DO have a couple of Euro adaptors but what I'm trying to do is cut down on stuff I bring, so was looking to adapt the US stuff to European and the plugs I have already don't do that!! I shall keep searching.......or look on the Epic........I'm not excited in any way, shape or form!!!;)

Craig, thanks for that! I DO have a couple of Euro adaptors but what I'm trying to do is cut down on stuff I bring, so was looking to adapt the US stuff to European and the plugs I have already don't do that!! I shall keep searching.......or look on the Epic........I'm not excited in any way, shape or form!!!;)

Your US stuff doesn't need to be adapted as it plugs into the us sockets onboard, but you'd need the same us-euro as US travellers if you wanted to use it in a euro hotel before/after

It's pretty simple.

• If your items run only on 220, you'll need a euro-to-uk adapter (you have those)
  • If your items will only run on 110, you plug them directly into the US socket (a US appliance and plug). In the rare event you have a 110v UK device you'll need a US-to-uk pin adapter
  • Most chargers for cellphones, tablets and computers can work with either 220 or 110v (read the printing on the charger). In that case, either of the approaches above will work

Now, having said that, you CAN run a 110v US device from a 220v euro plug, but you will need a VOLTAGE adapter, not just a pin/plug adapter. The pin/plug adapters are cheap, but voltage adapters are several times as much and often in a kit with multiple pin adapters. Since you have both 110 AND 220 in the room it's unlikely you need any voltage adapters, just the right plug adapter. To be honest, you're probably set with the euro-UK adapters already. You'll be able to run US 110v items, euro 220v items, UK 220v items in the plugs already there.

Barcelona is a different story. They will have 220v euro plugs. Take your euro/uk adapters and your uk appliances. Leave the "US" stuff at home...that would require both a pin adapter and a voltage converter

I think I got this right. lol. I'm sure someone will check me

It's pretty simple.

• If your items run only on 220, you'll need a euro-to-uk adapter (you have those)
  • If your items will only run on 110, you plug them directly into the US socket (a US appliance and plug). In the rare event you have a 110v UK device you'll need a US-to-uk pin adapter
  • Most chargers for cellphones, tablets and computers can work with either 220 or 110v (read the printing on the charger). In that case, either of the approaches above will work

Now, having said that, you CAN run a 110v US device from a 220v euro plug, but you will need a VOLTAGE adapter, not just a pin/plug adapter. The pin/plug adapters are cheap, but voltage adapters are several times as much and often in a kit with multiple pin adapters. Since you have both 110 AND 220 in the room it's unlikely you need any voltage adapters, just the right plug adapter. To be honest, you're probably set with the euro-UK adapters already. You'll be able to run US 110v items, euro 220v items, UK 220v items in the plugs already there.

Barcelona is a different story. They will have 220v euro plugs. Take your euro/uk adapters and your uk appliances. Leave the "US" stuff at home...that would require both a pin adapter and a voltage converter

I think I got this right. lol. I'm sure someone will check me

Thanks for that sdmike..........you just made my hubby smile!! One less item to carry if I leave my second ( US ) pair of straighteners at home!!:D

Oooo I just had athought........I can now pack another pair of shoes in their place.........or maybe not!!!;)

Archived