Summit - Sky Deck - Noise?

suntan

I was wondering if anyone who has sailed on the Summit after March 11/05 had a stateroom on the Sky Deck, forward and if they experienced hearing any noise in their stateroom that sounded like tribal drums? I'm only asking because we sailed on the Summit on Feb. 28th, our stateroom was #9021 and we experienced these "tribal drums" noises for most of the cruise (noise was heard at night while one is supposed to be sleeping). We have yet to receive an apology from Celebrity Cruises in response to our formal complaint (yes we made complaints during the cruise to Guest Relations). Other passengers near our stateroom and on deck 8 forward also experienced this noise. I'm wondering if Celebrity fixed this problem. P.S. The noise came from The Bar at the Edge of the Earth.

Hi Suntan,

Glad you brought up this topic, as we are booked in 9021 on the Infinity in a few months and in 9025 on the Summit next March.

I suspect you are getting a deep bass sound (like we need that in the middle of the ocean!), as it would seem that there is what should be a quiet deck area between your cabin and the bar at the edge. Could you hear other noises besides the drum? I hope that your comments to Guest Relations will be productive!

Anyway, other than the drums, please give us a review of the room/area. It will be our first time in a cabin with a connecting door, and we are a little concerned about noise or smoke from our neighbors. Otherwise, it really looks like a great location, particularly for easy access to upper decks for sightseeing.

Thanks for your feedback,

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyllis

Can't speak for recent noise from above - it wasn't too bad when we sailed last summer, but we were in a connecting cabin last time, and noise is easily heard from next door. Luckily our neighbors were not in much, but when they were you heard quite a bit.

We were also on the Summit in Feb, CC class port side a little forward of midship. Some noise, but not enough to bother us. Only thing I did not like was the overhang. Yes, I knew beforehand that it was there, but guess I just did not realize how much of the sky it blocked out. I'm one of those nuts that likes to sit out on the veranda very late at night just looking at the stars and the overhang made this absolutely impossible:(

Hi Suntan,

Glad you brought up this topic, as we are booked in 9021 on the Infinity in a few months and in 9025 on the Summit next March.

I suspect you are getting a deep bass sound (like we need that in the middle of the ocean!), as it would seem that there is what should be a quiet deck area between your cabin and the bar at the edge. Could you hear other noises besides the drum? I hope that your comments to Guest Relations will be productive!

Anyway, other than the drums, please give us a review of the room/area. It will be our first time in a cabin with a connecting door, and we are a little concerned about noise or smoke from our neighbors. Otherwise, it really looks like a great location, particularly for easy access to upper decks for sightseeing.

Thanks for your feedback,

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyllis

Hi WVUFAN. Other than the noise generated by Cirque du Soleil (we confirmed on the "White Night" party that this is where the noise was coming from) we were lucky that our neighbours (who also heard the noise) were quiet neighbours. We did not experience any smoke odors coming from the connecting room nor from the other side. I have found the indoor staterooms on Celebrity to be bigger than most other cruise lines - they are about 170 sq ft (we are sailing on the Sun Princess next Feb. and their inside cabins are approx. 135 to 148 sq ft). You are correct, the Sky Deck is the best, in my opinion, deck to be on as you only have to go up one deck to the cafe and the pool. I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Summit and I hope Celebrity has worked out the noise problem.

9151 on Sky Deck is a cabin that you do NOT want to be in on any of the M-Class ships. Problem w/ Sky on the M-class ships is that it is under the galley and the buffet diningroom. None of our "neighbors" heard anything, but we did not get much rest on that particular cruise! We love Sky on all of the C-class ships.

Archived