Dawn/Sun Mini-suite good choice??

Babyblue

I am getting ready to book my first Alaska and first Mini-suite ever and was wondering if that is a good choice.I heard the mini-suite's are nice sized on this and the Sun.Not sure if will book the Sun or the Dawn-Both are sailing RT from Seattle and that is what I wanted.

I wanted to splurge a little since this is my first Alaska trip.Waiting for pricing to come out next week.

Any info/ suggestions welcome

Thanks

Karen

If it fits into the budget, try for an AB mini on the Aft of the ship. The AC's on the side have very thin balconies. The AB's do run a bit more than the AC's but if you plan to spend much time outside (which I am sure you will) you would have a much nicer sized balcony on the aft of the ship.

But even if you book an AC, they are very nice. Like the Vista Suites on the Grand class but without the perks associated with the full suites as mini suites aren't entitled to them.

Love those minis on the Sun Class ships, I know you will be very happy with your choice for this cruise.

I am getting ready to book my first Alaska and first Mini-suite ever and was wondering if that is a good choice.I heard the mini-suite's are nice sized on this and the Sun.Not sure if will book the Sun or the Dawn-Both are sailing RT from Seattle and that is what I wanted.

I wanted to splurge a little since this is my first Alaska trip.Waiting for pricing to come out next week.

Any info/ suggestions welcome

Thanks Karen

Karen, I LOVE the Sun/Dawn Minis...check out my photos of the AC Minis on the Dawn in my photo gallery. DH and I only book them for 10 days or longer, they're a little pricey but sooooo worth it.

My first Princess cruise was in a Mini Suite on the Dawn. We were so amazed that it was TRULY a Suite! We also went to Alaska and loved having warm blankets on the balcony to relax with. Our cruise was one way from Vancouver to Seward. The only reason we got a suite was because there were 3 of us traveling together and there were no more regular cabins left when we booked. We almost always book suites now. So spoiled!:D

I appreciate all your info/ help/suggestions and comments.

I do believe I am sold and won't hesitate a moment when the TA gives me call that we can book.

Thanks Toto- Yes I think I will gt the aft mini suite. I am sold

Thanks Liner- I will love it I am sure and hopefully wont be too spoiled and refuse anything less on all my future cruises lol

Largin-that is what I was told --they are larger than the other ships

Spongerob- yep- I think I want the Aft

Thanks crusdiva for the pics I looked and that was the clincher for me.

Again thank you all for the help.

Gonna book it ASAP

Thanks

KAren

Caribe Aft AB mini suites come in three different sizes (mainly the balcony area is where the difference is) depending on which deck you are on. On the Caribe Deck they are 536 sq. ft. including balcony, the Baja Deck they are 512 sq. ft. including balcony and the Dolphin they are 413 sq. ft. including balcony.

Remember, the Caribe and Baja Decks usually sell out right after the cruise opens for booking, so plan ahead.

It will take me that long to pay off the mini-suite :D

Yes the ship is doing one way right now but will be doing the rt out of seattle next year accoring to princess and my TA

I also have a few pictures of the aft mini suite on the dawn. If you click on my log in and go to my home page, you can see them.

I really liked the aft. The suite was wonderful and the balcony great. Dont forget to bring an extension coad, there are limited plugs.

Smoothdancer

What cabin did you have? The balcony looks much smaller than mine was. I was in C747 on the Dawn and will be in C744 on the Sun in Jan 06. I did not realize there was such a big difference in the size of the balcony.

Smoothdancer

Outstanding pictures.... I have now decided to try for the buy up to the aft cabins on my sailing. I have a mini booked but am thinking if I can buy up what the heck you only live once and if it doesnt happen I am still happy with what I chose.

:)

Cruiselifers,

Good observation!!...

I do not remember the cabin number as I took this cruise a while back. But yes, there is a definite difference in the balconies. This aft was on the Dolphin Deck, and I understand that there are certain cabins on the C deck for the same price that have larger balconies. This cabin was booked 9 months in advance, and all of the cabins on the C deck were booked, and never became available again.

Having said all of that, I did not find the balcony to be small, we enjoyed it quite a bit... But, I am sure our room stewart loved me... I asked her to remove all of the loungers off of the balcony, leaving just a table and 2 chairs. One of the main reasons for the aft was for view and picture taking of the Panama Canal, and I wanted the room to walk around on the balcony!!

Archived