Adventurous - white pass RR? Other q's too

andreaplants

Hi! Starting to post my questions - thank you for all of your help!!!!

We are early 30's - I'm athletic and he's accomodating :) What do you love the most about the white pass? Do you think it is a "must see" or do you prefer something more active/outdoorsy?

I'm always happiest if I am outside - but don't necessarily need to be climbing a mountain in every port. (i'm thinking horseback riding, heli ride and dog sled, and then cheapo walk around and explore or cruiser bikes and maybe bus to mendenhall glacier)

by the way, we have all day in skagway, juneau, and ketchikan on our tour as stops.

If there is one town to miss for a port call - would it be ketchikan? (I may try and hook up with a local race team and do a 50-60 mile bike ride if there is one due to timing and training schedule)

Thanks!

Andrea

The White Pass is beautiful and historic, I would recommend seeing it in passing. by passing Imean as you travel to the Yukon, now thats very beautiful... If you like horseback riding check out www.southeasttours.com their horseback riding in the Yukon is the best!! ketchikan great fishing, juneau good shopping, skagway drive in to the interior and go for a horseback.

What I liked best about the White Pass Rail was the history and the scenery. You think you're adventurous? Wait until you hear what those miners went through to get to the Yukon. It's pretty amazing. Also, on a clear day it's breath-takingly beautiful.

I don't think any of the cities are a pass. There's so much to see and do in each--which is why so many of us are going multiple times. Misty Fjords in Ketchikan is beautiful.

Archived