Dining room seating Century

nanpar

Does anyone have a plan of the seating arrangement on the Century. We would like to have a table for 2, but not with a bench or near a rail or very close to other tables.. Ideally, we would like to be seated by a window. Right now we are Traditional, early seating. Would it be better to go with Select seating, and then be seated on the 5th deck instead of the 6th. Help! Table arrangement is very important to my husband.

• 2 weeks later...

We went for Select dining and had a table for two every night. There are only a few by the windows, but the hostess got to know us and really tried to do what she could. We actually enjoyed sitting by the rail so we could watch the main dining below.

We spent eighteen nights on the Century last November. We had a table for two in the 8:30 traditional seating. While I certainly don't have a seating chart, there are a number of tables for two on the fifth deck. However, a number of them are with bench seating and are fairly close to other tables. I also am not sure that there are many tables for two near the windows (at least on on the fifth deck).

We just came back from the Century. We had select dining, and although the food was good, after the first night we switched to Muranos. They have way too many tables smashed together and the noise is so loud you cannot have a conversation. The new menu was lovely, just the noise problem.

If you want to have a particular seat (i.e. by the window), you should probably switch to Select dining. When you arrive each night the hostess should be able to get you a window seat but you may have to wait for it instead of being seated immediately.

You will have to prepay your gratuities.

If you want to have a particular seat (i.e. by the window), you should probably switch to Select dining. When you arrive each night the hostess should be able to get you a window seat but you may have to wait for it instead of being seated immediately.

You will have to prepay your gratuities.

In theory that might be a good idea, but we were not even ask where we would like to sit.

It is lots of tables for 2 that are about 3 inches apart.....

Select dining works for some, doesn't work for others. There are trade offs...main dining is too early, too late, select dining the tables are too close together,etc. For everyone who complains about one thing, there are others who love it....for example, I like sitting near other people, different people each night.

Our solution is to book Aqua (not on century) because that gives us the best of all worlds, at, of course, a higher price. Others just eat at the specialty restaurants every night.

Lots of choices...nothing is perfect....

Century has a few tables for 2 next to the window, including several right along the large rear window - don't go for one of these if you like to converse over dinner - the engine noise and vibration is quite obtrusive. We had Select dining and had a great table for 2 every night just inside the front entrance. It is right up against a half wall and is in a small section with another table for 2, one for 4 and I think a 6 seater

Archived