Dining Rooms on the Spirit

katiepe

Can you tell me if we are assigned a particular dining room on the Spirit as with othjer cruise lines(first time NCL:))?

Or can we just go to either Main Dining Room? Are they both open at the same time?

There is no assigned dining/seating/times on NCL, unless you arrange it yourself.

You realize how many restaurants are on these ships, right? The Spirit has 11 restaurants, and you're free to choose whichever one you'd care to dine in each night. Here's more information on the range of options and possible charges: http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Dining_Flyer_062211.pdf

No restaurant assignments whatsoever.

Windows Dining room- HUGE dining room. All the way aft. Open for lunch day of departure(GO!) and breakfast and supper daily and I'm pretty sure lunch daily too(Can't find my cruise stuff to verify!:mad:) This is the more formal of the two main dining rooms.

The Garden Dining room- more centrally located. Pretty sure it is open for supper only. The more casual of the two main dining rooms...

Go to either dining room you desire. We loved Windows but just went to try The Garden. Met up with a server name Edwardo(he said call him Eddie!) from Peru and we took up with him and went his tables from then on.

BTW...we ate at Teppanyaki and love it. Also, if you want to eat at the Indian cuisine restaurant it was only open a night or two the entire cruise so you would need to jump on it. We wanted to put didn't realize that.

What Indian Restaurant??? We've sailed Spirit three years in a row and have never found one??? Maybe another ship??:confused:

There's a 15-20 course Indian meal you can sign up for. It happens only one night, and it was served in the Chinese restaurant when I had it last June.

There's a 15-20 course Indian meal you can sign up for. It happens only one night, and it was served in the Chinese restaurant when I had it last June.

Oh yeah...I just thought of the name..."A Taste of India" I'm thinking! DUHH!!!:)

Thank you so much for all the replies.

Yes I knew about the 11 restaurants and we certainly intend to dine at most of them. Just wanted to verify the MDRs

Thanks again.

I love the look of Windows:) Can you reserve/request a particular table-i.e Oceanview!

You can request an ocean view for two, along with about 100 others that are asking the same question!!! If you get there very early you can probably get one, other than that, it's usually just a matter of luck if one is free. I would say we got one about two out of ten times asking. If you want to wait for one to free up, but that can take 30 minutes or more and we never felt it was worth it. Usually dark anyway and not much to see. For breakfast it's a different story, we almost always got then.

The Taste of India is a "do not miss" event. They serve you around 25 different meals. You definitely get a "taste" of all the Indian food. It was by far the best I've ever had. A great experience and one not to miss. The price was extremely reasonable...especially for the amount of food you get. I believe it was only $10 or something like that. They only have it 1 night during the cruise and you will need to sign up for it. :)

The Taste of India is a "do not miss" event. They serve you around 25 different meals. You definitely get a "taste" of all the Indian food. It was by far the best I've ever had. A great experience and one not to miss. The price was extremely reasonable...especially for the amount of food you get. I believe it was only $10 or something like that. They only have it 1 night during the cruise and you will need to sign up for it. :)

Sadly this no longer happens. I was told by the chef on the Spirit that corporate wanted all ships to do the same things and that it had been replaced by the Chefs Table dinner fleetwide.

We were very sad about this as we loved this event. Chefs table is not a good choice for us as we don't like wine and not drinking the wines lowers the value of the package significantly.

A fail by NCL there I think.

Sadly this no longer happens. I was told by the chef on the Spirit that corporate wanted all ships to do the same things and that it had been replaced by the Chefs Table dinner fleetwide.

We were very sad about this as we loved this event. Chefs table is not a good choice for us as we don't like wine and not drinking the wines lowers the value of the package significantly.

A fail by NCL there I think.

GASP! Are you serious? That really sucks. If anything, they should have known by the way the place was packed that they should have added the Taste of India to EVERY NCL ship. :(

No more Taste of India?? That was one of the highlights of my trip on the Spirit last October. We enjoyed both dining rooms, but the view is definitely better in Windows if you are lucky enough to be seated by the windows.

GASP! Are you serious? That really sucks. If anything, they should have known by the way the place was packed that they should have added the Taste of India to EVERY NCL ship. :(

We've been to the "taste of India" lunch once, and I can say it was definitely not packed. We were one of maybe 3 or 4 other couples in there. But maybe if it was dinner it would be different?

We've been to the "taste of India" lunch once, and I can say it was definitely not packed. We were one of maybe 3 or 4 other couples in there. But maybe if it was dinner it would be different?

I did not realize they did lunch. :confused: Is it the same as the dinner with the same amount of food?

We were told that it was only one night of the cruise and we quickly signed up. The place was completely packed that night and everyone sat at tables with people we didn't know. It was great and we met some wonderful people that night.

Archived