Ocho Shopping?

needabreakcanada

JA was in my patrol area for many years and I've visited regularly since the late 70's, continuing today via cruises

Ocho is a pretty big town and the piers are on the edge.

JA is not known for shopping so my question might be, what do you want to buy?

There are some t-shirt and general souv' vendors at the pier area.

If you read most JA port reviews the majority comment will be about a desire to avoid the vendors..... Not saying I agree, just saying that is the common opinion.

In much of JA you may be offered the opportunity to buy some things you really really do not want to buy and carry back to the ship or US or I presume, Canada. . .

However I seldom left with out a case or two of TING . . . my kids simply loved the stuff.

Go to DUNNs River or Mag' Mtn and play it safe.

In that line, go to DRF on your own and ignore the excursion and tour crud. DRF is a national park and your ticket is a day's admission. Spend all day - there's food and a beach and climb as much or as little as you like! There's vendors too . . . but be strong .. JA vendors can appear aggressive

drf4.jpg

drf5.jpg

drf9.jpg

those people holding hands? that's a tour/excursion

those people splashing around having fun .... that's us.

There's three 'shopping malls' just a few minutes from the port. Nothing special there, mostly the usual cruise port shops.

Did find some okay local stuff in the same shopping complex that has Margaritaville.

JA was in my patrol area for many years and I've visited regularly since the late 70's, continuing today via cruises

Ocho is a pretty big town and the piers are on the edge.

JA is not known for shopping so my question might be, what do you want to buy?

There are some t-shirt and general souv' vendors at the pier area.

If you read most JA port reviews the majority comment will be about a desire to avoid the vendors..... Not saying I agree, just saying that is the common opinion.

In much of JA you may be offered the opportunity to buy some things you really really do not want to buy and carry back to the ship or US or I presume, Canada. . .

However I seldom left with out a case or two of TING . . . my kids simply loved the stuff.

Go to DUNNs River or Mag' Mtn and play it safe.

In that line, go to DRF on your own and ignore the excursion and tour crud. DRF is a national park and your ticket is a day's admission. Spend all day - there's food and a beach and climb as much or as little as you like! There's vendors too . . . but be strong .. JA vendors can appear aggressive

drf4.jpg

drf5.jpg

drf9.jpg

those people holding hands? that's a tour/excursion

those people splashing around having fun .... that's us.

So how did you get to DFR on your own??? Just don't like the idea of holding hands with 20-30 people.

Archived