Off season travel with school aged kids

WTMhs

It does look like it must be the Sea Princess, leaving from SF. In that case, there should not be a question as to whether the kids clubs run. They should run regardless of how many kids are on board. Only the Pacific and Ocean require 20 kids to run a kids program. These two ships don't have dedicated children's facilities.

Thanks. I think you are right. I put on my reading glasses and alerted my Reading For Comprehension neurons, and I do think you are right.

[, I've done similar cruises three times and there were no kids on two of those cruises. I don't know of any families that can pull their kids out of school for that long, and even home schoolers don't tend to take cruises of that length and that far from the

I take my daughter out of school 3 or 4 weeks every year to vacation overseas. She his 10 now and we have been travelling since she eas 5/It is invariably with the school's blessing. According to our education dept guidelines you do not even have to request the apporval of the principal if you are going for less than 20 school days. We always run into other Australians who are holidaying with their kids for similar time frames. It is a very different attitude down under. Jennie

I think schools here see travel as an educational experience especially overseas trips. They are going to learn more experiencing a different country and culture than they are spending that week or so in school. They can easily catch up on any work they have missed out on and often the school asks them to write a journal and do a presentation when they get back. We have done it a few times especially when the kids were in primary school and they in no way fell behind because of it and experienced so much on their travels.

Archived