Is it safe to say the new "Sunshine" ships will have these?

I know I read and heard RCCL say they wished they had put more "Loft" suites in Oasis and Allure. Do you think its safe to say they will have these on the new "Sunshine" ships and probably a good amount? They look AWESOME but they are very expensive right?

Oh I assumed everyone knew about them already, sorry. They are the new builds by RCCL that are roughly 158 thousand tons, they are being built by Meyer Werft in Germany. First is due out in 2014 and second in 2015, and I bet they build 2 or 3 more on top of that.

Oh I assumed everyone knew about them already, sorry. They are the new builds by RCCL that are roughly 158 thousand tons, they are being built by Meyer Werft in Germany. First is due out in 2014 and second in 2015, and I bet they build 2 or 3 more on top of that.

Very cool! Can't wait to check em out. Thanks! :)

Actually the loft suites don't book as fast as other suites on the two ships. Often many are upgraded to the crown loft suites as they were not booked.

Oh thank you I did not know that, I thought they were a huge success. They are gorgeous suites. They look REALLY expensive though. Thanks again for the info, maybe they won't be on the new builds?

Very cool! Can't wait to check em out. Thanks! :)

No problem, they are gonna be beautiful if I know anything about RCCL. RCCL only builds awesome ships. They are being VERY tight lipped on what the ships will have on them and there are no artist renderings yet. I am VERY impatient I can't wait to see what they look like and what innovations they have on board. I am hoping NJ gets the first one. Love "Explorer" but would LOVE a new build here.

The Sky Loft Suite on the Allure is only $14,998 for two.

The Crown Loft Suite on the allure is only $6,998 for two.

I doubt that we will be booking one anytime soon.

Not only pricey, but:

The balconies are small.

The cabins are not as big as some Owner's Suites on other ships.

The bedroom loft requires you to climb stairs, not so good for those that have difficulties with stairs.

Not only pricey, but:

The balconies are small.

The bedroom loft requires you to climb stairs, not so good for those that have difficulties with stairs.

And from friends who have been in one the stairs can get slippery when any moisture gets on them.

I think we will see a Viking Crown similar to that of the Freedom class, with few loft suites if any. The solarium pool will be covered, the main pool area will be open. The pools will be heated like they are on Independence.

I don't think we will see any information until construction begins, so probably early 2013. Oasis was 1/3 built by the time they told us anything.

What I am more interested about is how Meyer Werft are going to get a ship which will likely be the same width of Freedom down the Ems. They may have to do a bit of widening of those bridges before they can get her out.

Actually the loft suites don't book as fast as other suites on the two ships. Often many are upgraded to the crown loft suites as they were not booked.

Exactly....doubt you will ever see them on another Royal ship again.

Let me ask this. Is there anyway to do a variation of the central park on a ship this size? The only way the central park works on Oasis/Allure is because they are SOOOOOO HUGE. I don't think you can duplicate that on a ship this size. We may be returning closer to the traditional look inside and out of the "Freedom" class ships? What do you think?

Exactly....doubt you will ever see them on another Royal ship again.

I'll propose another option: perhaps they'll keep them on the Sunshine ships, but there will be fewer of them. It wouldn't be hard for them to add them to the Viking Crown again, but with the ship being significantly smaller than Oasis / Allure having fewer of them would be a natural progression.

Let me ask this. Is there anyway to do a variation of the central park on a ship this size? The only way the central park works on Oasis/Allure is because they are SOOOOOO HUGE. I don't think you can duplicate that on a ship this size. We may be returning closer to the traditional look inside and out of the "Freedom" class ships? What do you think?

The biggest problem placing a central park neighborhood on a ship that it is claimed will be able to be deployed in cooler or colder climates, is the difficulty they would have finding vegetation that would survive in such climates. When we were on Silhouette out of Bayonne in February, the lawn grass was covered with protective plastic until we reached the warmth of the Caribbean and pictures of the lawn towards the end of the winter showed serious signs of damage from the cold weather or the extreme variations in temperatures experienced during the cruises. That was just a problem with grass. Finding other plants etc. that could withstand the rigors of hot and cold weather extremes might be a daunting task. If you recall the plants were not added to Allure and Oasis until they arrived in Florida. It is likely to be some time before any details are revealed. In the meantime we can all speculate and list our various wishes for features that will make the Sunshine ships unique or will show the legacy established by the earlier ships in the fleet.:)

The biggest problem placing a central park neighborhood on a ship that it is claimed will be able to be deployed in cooler or colder climates, is the difficulty they would have finding vegetation that would survive in such climates. When we were on Silhouette out of Bayonne in February, the lawn grass was covered with protective plastic until we reached the warmth of the Caribbean and pictures of the lawn towards the end of the winter showed serious signs of damage from the cold weather or the extreme variations in temperatures experienced during the cruises. That was just a problem with grass. Finding other plants etc. that could withstand the rigors of hot and cold weather extremes might be a daunting task. If you recall the plants were not added to Allure and Oasis until they arrived in Florida. It is likely to be some time before any details are revealed. In the meantime we can all speculate and list our various wishes for features that will make the Sunshine ships unique or will show the legacy established by the earlier ships in the fleet.:)

I agree, no way these ships have a central park. The fact they will be covered gives me much hope NJ will get the first one!:D I can't wait!:D

Not only pricey, but:

The balconies are small.

The Sky loft is awesome along with a great balcony. It's my favorite cabin on the ship.

I think the ships will be much more Freedom than Oasis. There is no way something like Central Park or the Boardwalk can work. The only reason they can put that on Oasis is because of the huge width of the ships, which makes up for the lack of cabins from the open space in the center, and allows the generous width of the Royal Promenade and Central Park.

What we will probably see is an expanded design of Royal Promenade, similar width to the Freedom Class but with the design of Oasis. I think a mezzanine level will definitely be there, along with all the shops/restaurants from Oasis/Allure.

The solarium will be impressive, obviously with the roof, and the Park Cafe. The now staple Boardwalk Dog House, Samba Grill, Rita's Cantina and Giovanni's Table will make an appearance somewhere.

If you were to do a search....."I got upgraded to a loft suite", and compiled the # of those entries.......that would give ya the answer as to whether they will be putting them on the new ships.... I'd say "no". If I was a betting man, you find a high # of people that have snagged them for free.....as in they're not selling

I think the ships will be much more Freedom than Oasis. There is no way something like Central Park or the Boardwalk can work. The only reason they can put that on Oasis is because of the huge width of the ships, which makes up for the lack of cabins from the open space in the center, and allows the generous width of the Royal Promenade and Central Park.

What we will probably see is an expanded design of Royal Promenade, similar width to the Freedom Class but with the design of Oasis. I think a mezzanine level will definitely be there, along with all the shops/restaurants from Oasis/Allure.

The solarium will be impressive, obviously with the roof, and the Park Cafe. The now staple Boardwalk Dog House, Samba Grill, Rita's Cantina and Giovanni's Table will make an appearance somewhere.

I'll take all of that, what you described is perfect. Now I just need RCCL to put one in NJ when they are built.

Unless of course, the rumors about Margaritaville restaurants replacing Rita's Cantina turn out to be true, or some of the others, such as the Samba Grill, don't live up to original expectations. They still have a lot of time to work out this kind of detail. Eventually RCI will begin releasing more information and we can see just how accurate our predictions turn out to be Based on past experience, I wouldn't rule out some new features and innovations that none of us have even considered.:)

The Sky loft is awesome along with a great balcony. It's my favorite cabin on the ship.

I finally got to see one on Oasis this past week courtesy of two of my new CC friends... simply breathtaking! The "balcony" was practically a private deck! :eek: I hesitate to even call it a "balcony." Simply incredible cabin!

Archived