Skagway, White Pass Railway, and Emerald Lake

nyssimi

I would love to do a tour that incorporates a one way trip on the White Pass Railway along with a bus or motor coach that travels to Emerald Lake. I’ve heard great things about Frontier Excursions but theYukon Discovery Tour does not incorporate the railway and I would really like to do both. Do any tour operators have such a combination tour or will I have to choose between Emerald Lake or the railway?

I think you will have to choose. we have been to Skagway quite a few times and neither one ofus remembers a tour operator that combines the two. My personal choice would be Emerald Lake.

Here are some prices which I received on 27 March from Chillkoot Charters:

White Pass Summit Bus & Rail Excursion: $90.00

White Pass Summit Tour by Coach: $40.00

White Pass Summit Tour w/Gold Panning: $45.00

Yukon Getaway: $55.00

Discover The Yukon Adventure (by Coach): $85.00

Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion: $139.00

With groups of 10 or more, they offer the White Pass Summit & Northern Garden Tour: $75.00 w/tea and snacks or $80.00 w/lunch.

Hope this helps.

:) :) :)

Thanks for the help - and for confirming that I haven't totally lost it (ie, not the only one not seeing prices).

Is this a better tour, going to more places, etc than the cruise line tours?

Does one of these go to Emerald Lake as well as the Summit??

I was quoted $139 for the Yukon Rail and Bus for May. Murray who posts alot on these threads and seems to be very knowledgeable, said they were a good company. We are going to try them.

Liza123

MY husband and I did the white pass summit excursion and it was probably are favorite excursion, right next to whale watching. You can book the rail excursion on whitepassrailroad.com. The train picks you up right at the dock, it was amazing. The trip was about 3hrs. Apparently it rains something like 90% of the time in Skagway but we hit a day where the temps hit 80 and it was one of our most memorable days in Alaska. We sailed Celebrity Mercury on our Honeymoon September 2001.

Archived