Booking Trips from the Seabourn Site.

electra2008

I have managed to access and sort out my login:eek:

I have seen a trip that I would like to go on, a couple of questions

When do you pay for them, it says that when you board you will register your card, so assume not paid for till then.

Evey post says the trips are really expensive, so I was suprised to see what appeared to be reasonable ones

Just happen to be watching the Royal flotilla as I am posting. Quite spectacular.

Electra2008

Doing the same thing! :D It is just quite something isn't it?

I hope our friends across the Pond can at least get to see some of it.

Are you getting any of the news of this ST?

We're having afternoon tea soon - cucumber sandwiches and everything! LOL!

By the way it's a lovely sunny day here, but H.M. looks a bit chilly on her royal barge!

When do you pay for them, it says that when you board you will register your card, so assume not paid for till then.

Evey post says the trips are really expensive, so I was suprised to see what appeared to be reasonable ones

Just happen to be watching the Royal flotilla as I am posting. Quite spectacular.

I'd wager that they will want final payment long before you board, as with a traditional TA.

I'd wager that they will want final payment long before you board, as with a traditional TA.

I'm really not sure about that. I haven't been on a Seabourn cruise but surely they will add excursions to the final bill, along with other onboard charges, like other cruise lines do?

Can someone else clarify this please?

electra and fairbourne, I'm watching too, amazing spectacle. Cold here though, you're luckyy to be getting a better day in Scotland.

Electra2008

Doing the same thing! :D It is just quite something isn't it?

I hope our friends across the Pond can at least get to see some of it.

Are you getting any of the news of this ST?

We're having afternoon tea soon - cucumber sandwiches and everything! LOL!

By the way it's a lovely sunny day here, but H.M. looks a bit chilly on her royal barge!

Yes watching the Queen's Floatilla on the BBC right now....soggy event isn't it.:eek:

When we prebooked our trip to Luxor from the Pride this past April, we had to pay at the same time. I also prebooked a spa treatment and paid for that as well. As a matter of fact I lucked out as the spa treatment was cheaper online than on board as they had not updated the website!

I am also watching the Royal Flotilla which is a wonderful site just a pity about the weather.

When we prebooked our trip to Luxor from the Pride this past April, we had to pay at the same time. I also prebooked a spa treatment and paid for that as well. As a matter of fact I lucked out as the spa treatment was cheaper online than on board as they had not updated the website!

I am also watching the Royal Flotilla which is a wonderful site just a pity about the weather.

Thanks Prunella.

That's worth knowing as it's different to what I've experienced elsewhere. B

Yes it's cold and soggy !

I'm really not sure about that. I haven't been on a Seabourn cruise but surely they will add excursions to the final bill, along with other onboard charges, like other cruise lines do?

Can someone else clarify this please?

electra and fairbourne, I'm watching too, amazing spectacle. Cold here though, you're luckyy to be getting a better day in Scotland.

I think there may have been some confusion. I thought the OP was referring to booking a cruise v. a shore excursion. For shore excursions booked online you pay on the spot (Regent does this as well for the non-inclusive tours).

Hi,

Since we are on the same cruise...I assume you are talking about the ships tours in the ports. There are several nice ones, I think, but several are well over $200pp which I do think is high.

The ship's tour will be charged to your credit card now if you book now or any time up to, I think, three days before boarding when the online booking closes. Then once on board the tour will be charged to your ship board account.

We got our pre cruise booklet last week, and I read something about a 10% cancelation fee. I need to go back and reread that part. I am thinking about booking a couple of tours, but would really rather wait until we board and use our OBC to pay for them.

I did get a nice bit of news from the TA, since we are silver we can get a 10% discount as our perk.

Thanks to all, so it looks likeif you want to use OBC you will need to wait till on the ship. As I am hoping to get the 1st time OBC, already have a voucher from a nice lady, it would be a good way to spend it.

If you have onboard credit you can still book and pay for your excursions upfront on your credit card then you have the cost credited back and taken off your onboard credit once on board. This is what we have done. In the past you did not pay in advance for the excursions but this has now changed.

If you have onboard credit you can still book and pay for your excursions upfront on your credit card then you have the cost credited back and taken off your onboard credit once on board. This is what we have done. In the past you did not pay in advance for the excursions but this has now changed.

This is what we did on Regent last year, booked ahead, charged to CCard, canceled and rebooked on board. The credit for the first booking was credited back to OBC, but at the end of the cruise we got the tour credit back in cash.

Glad to know that Seabourn will do this also. But do they credit directly back to the credit card or do you have to pick up the cash at the end of the cruise like we did on Regent. I would like to go ahead and book the tours we want checking that little detail off my list, but we will have enough OBC to pay for at least one or two tours, plus internet and needed laundry and cleaning during the cruise. So I am interested in how this refund is handled.

This is what we did on Regent last year, booked ahead, charged to CCard, canceled and rebooked on board. The credit for the first booking was credited back to OBC, but at the end of the cruise we got the tour credit back in cash.

Glad to know that Seabourn will do this also. But do they credit directly back to the credit card or do you have to pick up the cash at the end of the cruise like we did on Regent. I would like to go ahead and book the tours we want checking that little detail off my list, but we will have enough OBC to pay for at least one or two tours, plus internet and needed laundry and cleaning during the cruise. So I am interested in how this refund is handled.

I was told by Seabourn club that they just credit your credit card with the amount and take it off the onboard credit. I presume they do it immediately you tell them to do it once on board.

I was told by Seabourn club that they just credit your credit card with the amount and take it off the onboard credit. I presume they do it immediately you tell them to do it once on board.

Thanks...that seems like the simplest way.

We often book our own because not only is SB very expensive but

often too many toilet stops and obligatory shopping stops-too much faffing

and time wasting. Also we order lunch from the ship to take with us

thus cutting down time going to a restaurant.

Also find SB cruise staff often lacking knowledge on some ports / tours etc

Kind regards

Tony

We often book our own because not only is SB very expensive but

often too many toilet stops and obligatory shopping stops-too much faffing

and time wasting. Also we order lunch from the ship to take with us

thus cutting down time going to a restaurant.

Also find SB cruise staff often lacking knowledge on some ports / tours etc

Kind regards

Tony

In general, I agree with you. We rarely take the ship's tours for the same reasons. Normally we rent a car to see countryside or walk and use local transportation to explore the port city. We also have taken lunch off the ship, but to do this, one must be mindful of the local regulations about bring food off the ship plus it is fun to try local food some times.

On this itineray, we will do most of the ports ourselves using rental cars, taxis or just walking around. However the ship does go to a few more remote places also... three of our ports have very limited touring prospects according to every thing I have found..with bascily no shopping and few public restrooms in the countyside.

Red Bay, we can walk to the site in town and will, but want to do a drive down the coast also; Torshavn, it is Sunday, always questionalbe, and rental car offices are closed and taxis may be iify. Again we want to see some of the island; Grundarfjordur has no local transportaion so the ship's tour is the only option for seeing the peninsula. So we will use one of Seabourn's tours in each port.

Archived