SPB tour companies and visas

Am I right to assume that the private tour companies in SPB provide getting the necessary visa and the cost is included in the price of the tour? Or is this something one has to check with each operator? From what I have gleaned from other posts, one only has to apply for a visa themselves if they are getting off the ship to do totally independent sightseeing. Is this right?

Am I right to assume that the private tour companies in SPB provide getting the necessary visa and the cost is included in the price of the tour? Or is this something one has to check with each operator? From what I have gleaned from other posts, one only has to apply for a visa themselves if they are getting off the ship to do totally independent sightseeing. Is this right?

yes you got that right-all the private tour operators will sort out the "blanket" visa which covers you when part of their organised tour

There's no actual visa. It's a visa-waiver scheme. To go through immigration you will need just

- your passport

- your tour ticket (ship's or private operator's)

- an immigration card, similar to those on international flights worldwide.

Ask aboard for an immigration card & fill it in before you go ashore, the ship should provide you with one free-of-charge.

Someone gave me a website showing an immigration card which I could print-off. :)

Then I realised that each card has a unique number :rolleyes: :D

The immigration officer will stamp your passport & take your immigration card. You'll not need another immigration card if you go ashore again, the stamp in your passport does the job.

JB :)

Archived