Marina Oceania Suite Deck 12

beaniele

Looking for our first voyage on the above ship. Having sailed mostly on Regent and Crystal looking for a new experience. Can anyone tell me what it would be like to be on Deck 12 in one go those suites. Never stayed so high up and just wondering the pros and cons. Thanks for any kind of info.

Looking for our first voyage on the above ship. Having sailed mostly on Regent and Crystal looking for a new experience. Can anyone tell me what it would be like to be on Deck 12 in one go those suites. Never stayed so high up and just wondering the pros and cons. Thanks for any kind of info.

Because there are only 16 cabins on that entire deck,it is a very private area indeed.

b_094052.jpg

As far as the accommodations are concerned, the Oceania Suites are just glorious, and the Vista Suites even more so.

024517.jpg133416.jpg

Good luck in planning your cruise, whatever you plan to do :D

Because there are only 16 cabins on that entire deck,it is a very private area indeed.

b_094052.jpg

As far as the accommodations are concerned, the Oceania Suites are just glorious, and the Vista Suites even more so.

024517.jpg133416.jpg

Good luck in planning your cruise, whatever you plan to do :D

J and S, Thanks for the pictures of both suites. As per usual you are the "go to guys" for everything Oceania. In the vista suite picture, do you remember what deck that particular suite was on?

Unfortunately I cannot recall which Suite that was, as we saw three that day, champagne was being served and my records are not what they should be. :D

What I do recall is that all of the Vista Suites were virtually identical inside.

The furniture, wall-coverings, carpets and draperies are exactly identical; and although there might be, for example, two feet from the end of the couch to the wall in one Suite, and three feet to that wall in another, the overwhelming impression is that they are all precisely (and I mean PRECISELY) the same.

Choose your Vista Suite, by virtue of the deck that you want to be on or the size of its' veranda, both of those things will have much more impact on your cruise than a few odd square feet of "space" ;)

We just got back yesterday from our cruise on the Riviera, Athens to Barcelona. It was just wonderful in every way.

We had an Oceania suite, 12014 which was right next to the culinary center. There were no food odors or noise...no problems at all. It was actually fun to see what they were doing in there as we walked by.

We hope to be on the Riviera again (or the Marina) and would definitely book the same suite.

We had an Oceania suite, 12014 which was right next to the culinary center. There were no food odors or noise...no problems at all. It was actually fun to see what they were doing in there as we walked by.

I agree with these sentiments. We were just a couple of doors down for Marina's recent crossing. Just loved the Oceania Suite - felt like we were cruising in our home! Enjoy :)

• 1 year later...
We just got back yesterday from our cruise on the Riviera, Athens to Barcelona. It was just wonderful in every way.

We hope to be on the Riviera again (or the Marina) and would definitely book the same suite.

Thanks, we are booked in 12014 for the March 18, 2014 sailing. Have been worried about noise and food odors, but not now! We are also in a Vista Suite, 8003, on December 28, 2013. Curious to see how they compare. We're actually number one wait-listed for an Oceana suite on that sailing but don't know if we'll get it.

We are booked in this cabin (12014) for the trip around South America beginning in Rio on September 8, 2013. I am delighted that you found it so satisfactory. I was wondering about the culinary center odors...not that I would mind, I would just want to interrupt and participate! I can now keep my foodie behaviors in check at least some of the time!

Thanks to all for the replies.

We were just on the Riviera last month in 12015. It's location is great, just steps from the pool, waves and the grill. We felt like we were in our own apartment we were so comfortable. We have booked it again for next summer.

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you liked that location and the suite. Coupled with someone else's comment that even though 12014 is next to the Culinary Academy, there was no problem with noise nor smells, makes me feel so much better. We are really looking forward to it. Hope our vista suite on Marina, 8003, will be wonderful as well. There are 10 out of 18 at sea days on the December 28 cruise, and we worry a bit about it being rough. Right on the bow :)

I think Oceania ought to pay Jim and Stan a commission for the amount of business they bring :) Seriously, thank you so much for all the wonderful info you share wIth all of us. It makes me wish you were sailing on each of our upcoming cruises.

.... Joan and Doyle

We are booked in this cabin (12014) for the trip around South America beginning in Rio on September 8, 2013. I am delighted that you found it so satisfactory. I was wondering about the culinary center odors...not that I would mind, I would just want to interrupt and participate! I can now keep my foodie behaviors in check at least some of the time!

Thanks to all for the replies.

Of course I meant DECEMBER 8, 2013. Hopefully, the couple staying in Cabin 12014 on September 8 can now stop worrying what they were going to do with us!

Archived