Silhouette obstructed verandah cabin layout

Moose Tracks

We have cabin 6208 (starboard) on Silhouette - an up sell from a forward facing outside cabin. I didn't realize the cabins had different layouts (some with beds near window, others with bed closer to door. Can anyone please tell me how 6208 would be set up? As well, the cabin looks to be the last forward facing one on the hump. Is the configuration going to be different again as the hallway and balcony are angled? I checked on the website and see that as an example, cabin 6200 is available as a outside up sell. Would this be better than 6208? I realize these cabins will have a lifeboat around floor level and that's fine. I had read that Celebrity allowed smoking on the port side of the promenade so we at least won't have any smoke coming up from the deck below. Any insight would be appreciated.

Lynn

We have cabin 6208 (starboard) on Silhouette - an up sell from a forward facing outside cabin. I didn't realize the cabins had different layouts (some with beds near window, others with bed closer to door. Can anyone please tell me how 6208 would be set up? As well, the cabin looks to be the last forward facing one on the hump. Is the configuration going to be different again as the hallway and balcony are angled? I checked on the website and see that as an example, cabin 6200 is available as a outside up sell. Would this be better than 6208? I realize these cabins will have a lifeboat around floor level and that's fine. I had read that Celebrity allowed smoking on the port side of the promenade so we at least won't have any smoke coming up from the deck below. Any insight would be appreciated.

Lynn

Have you had a look on the sticky thread for specific room details on solstice class? If you type in the room number in the search thread box it should find something.

We booked 6203 on the eclipse originally and apparently the obstruction is a lot more than stated by the celebrity definition. The website and brochure states partial obstruction however most people have said you cannot see much at all when sat down.

Also have a look at the reviews page I've also found useful info on specific cabins on there.

Lynn

See This http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=26047730&postcount=982

Thanks for the link to the cabins thread. Our cabin was reviewed so we found out all the info we need. We see that the balcony is slightly larger in 6208 and has an interesting angled view. We don't mind that the lifeboats obstruct part of the view. Plus we like to be away from the air conditioning unit which appears to be above the closet, so the fact the bed is by the balcony works out great.

Lynn

Archived