Pearl - what time off?

fredms

They want you at the airport at least one hour before flight time and will be pretty strict about that on a cruise ship day. So you have to be there by 9am.

Suites can get off first if you carry everything yourself. So if you are not late arriving in port, and are first off the ship, it could work out. I would hate to be cutting it that close. If the ship is late or there are customs problems, your toast!!! Good luck.

It also depends quite a bit on what port you are returning to and what airport you are flying out of. DH and I usually try to book a flight for about noon or after. If the returing port and airport are known to be congested, we might even stay an extra day and fly out the day after the cruise returns.

We have been on cruises where we return early and on cruises where we dock late.

Be careful.

I am sailing on the pearl with my mom in august. What time are people getting off the ship? I am staying in a suite and am trying to make a 10am flight! Crazy or possible? Thanks

When are you cruising in August? Early in the month there are several huge weekend events that could tie up traffic. If there are no weekend events, then there will probably be weekend freeway construction projects that could delay you getting to the airport which is south of downtown Seattle by about 30 miles. I do not know if I would risk a 10 A.M. flight.

Only if you have a back up flight firmly available. Doing the math, in theory, ship doesn't arrive until 8 am, has to be cleared by customs before anyone can exit. Then, being first off, getting through immigrations "quickly", and having immediate transportation to the airport standing by, might then get you there by 9am........but "might" and "maybe" play a big part of this. And.......if you are like me...they stress from thinking about this from at least the night before would sure mess up the last day of my excellent vacation.

I sure would not chance it in August... the busiest months for hte Airport IN Seattle are July and August... I have nearly missed flights giving myself 90 minutes..TSA is VERY slow in Seattle..... Then there is that whole traffic issue... What weekend? Seafair activities the first 2 weekends... road construction season... and about a 30 mile drive from Bell Street to SeaTac... I don't think I would even chance that one!!

I wouldn't cut it that close. There have been some awful stories about customs taking forever and the cruise lines don't have control over it if for some reason customs is short-handed or whatever that day.

In addition, often it seems like everyone wants to get off first!

Our cruise ended in LA but even there, they had problems with everyone wanting off at once. We had an excursion booked through the cruise line that would take us to the airport. Luckily, we heard someone say to go to a certain place so we could get off earlier. But, there were several who were late for their bus/excursion.

Plus, there is always a chance of a ship docking late (not if they can help it but.......)

I am sailing on the pearl with my mom in august. What time are people getting off the ship? I am staying in a suite and am trying to make a 10am flight! Crazy or possible? Thanks

Alaska getting off at Seattle on Sunday I'm guessing. If you walk off with your own luggage, you should make it in time. The taxi ride is about 25 min. I was on HAL this May. I walk off the boat and toke the taxi to airport. I was there at 7:45am.

Archived