What has been your vegan experience on Freedom of the Seas?

Our group of five has three vegans. Our last cruise on Carnival Fantasy was very easy for them. Every night the dining room hostess came around with the next night's menu with suggestions about how dishes could be prepared to fit into their diet. Anything like this on Freedom?

Kathy

my husband and I who are vegan had a great experience on the Freedom last year. We did email RCI ahead of time to let them know we were vegan and I think that helped. Also when we got on the ship (the first thing we did) was go speak with the maitre'd to notify him. Our servers were very accommodating and we never went hungry :) We did not do my time dining because we wanted to have the same servers each night rather than explain to a new server what our restrictions were.

I hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Danielle

my husband and I who are vegan had a great experience on the Freedom last year. We did email RCI ahead of time to let them know we were vegan and I think that helped. Also when we got on the ship (the first thing we did) was go speak with the maitre'd to notify him. Our servers were very accommodating and we never went hungry :) We did not do my time dining because we wanted to have the same servers each night rather than explain to a new server what our restrictions were.

I hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Danielle

Good to know, Danielle. Thank you for your input.

Isn't it great how the cruise lines (I suppose all of them) accommodate special diets?

Kathy

Yeah its great how accommodating they are!!

We also just got off the Allure about two weeks ago and had a great experience!! The first question people ask us when they find out that we went on a cruise is "what did you eat???" lol. Its really not that hard which is great for us!! :) And unlike a lot of other people on the ships we are not there for the food but for a great vacation :)

Danielle

Good to know, Danielle. Thank you for your input.

Isn't it great how the cruise lines (I suppose all of them) accommodate special diets?

Kathy

Definitely. Dined once with a family where the husband needed a gluten-free diet; they provided the next day's menu each night so they could plan for an appropriate meal.

Archived