Best Snorkeling in Antigua or Tortola

Richbutnot

My wife and I are sailing on the Freedom Nov 3 to St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. We want to snorkel on either Antigua or Tortola. What is the best place to snorkel on either island? What do you recommend for the other island besides a beach day? We prefer either taking a taxi or private excursion. Thanks

We are doing this itinerary in Sept. on the Valor and Tortola will be a new port for us. From reading the boards, it seems that Norman Island is good for snorkeling. We chose to do the Virgin Islands Sailaway through Carnival. It seems to get really good reviews on here.

We also chose to go to Sapphire Beach while in St. Thomas for some snorkeling. Haven't been to Sapphire yet, but heard it has some good snorkeling. Been to Trunk Bay a couple of times and snorkeling was really good there.

Can't help with Antigua because we went to Jolly Beach and there was no good snorkeling there.

In Nassau a couple of years ago we used Blue Hole Watersports :confused: I think that's the name, not sure. The snorkeling was great there.

We just came back from this exact itinerary on the Freedom. We snorkeled in 3 of those ports. In Antigua we went to Long Bay. Snorkeling there was fair. Antigua is not really known for snorkeling of the beach. Tortola was a totally different story. We went to Brewers bay and found the snorkeling there to be amazing. I enjoyed it more than Tabayana in Roatan. Easily accessible from the beach. We say thousands of fish of all different sizes, colors, varieties. Our taxi driver that day was Dexter Tolbert and he was the best. Friendly, safe, and punctual in returning to pick us up. The next time we are in Tortola we will definitely go back to Brewers Bay. It was the highlight of the cruise.

Archived