celebrity vs princess

bondy

I have only ever cruised with Prinsess. This year due ti dates and itinerary i will be cruising with Celebrity on the Infinity. I am really nervous about trying a new cruise line. Can anyone tell me what to wxoect and how they compare???

I have only ever cruised with Prinsess. This year due ti dates and itinerary i will be cruising with Celebrity on the Infinity. I am really nervous about trying a new cruise line. Can anyone tell me what to wxoect and how they compare???

Hi!

We have not sailed on the Infinity, but have cruised on one of her sister ships, the Summit, and will be on another, the Constellation, in November. Here are our impressions:

1) Food - Better on Celebrity. More options on Princess.

2) Service - Better on Celebrity (mainly the little things and general approach). Our Cabin Steward on the Coral in December was the best was have ever had.

3) Ships - Both lines have beautiful ships. The Coral and Summit were very similar in size. Facilities are different on each ship and they have their individual charms.

3) Entertainment - Probably better on Princess. We are not much for the production shows, but the lounge entertainment on the Coral was quite good. We did like the theatre on the Summit for seeing a movie.

4) Cruise Director Staff - I would give the nod to Princess. The whole staff on the Coral was outstanding.

5) Itineraries - Princess can offer more varied itineraries because of their larger fleet. We selected the Panama Canal cruise on Princess because of schedule, itinerary, and price.

Overall impression - we favor Celebrity but enjoy Princess a lot and would not hesitate to sail with them anytime. If you like Princess, I think you will love Celebrity!

I would have to pretty much agree with Mike. So many of these things are subjective, service, food, entertainment, sort of what you may be used to decides what you thinbk of thgese "services."

If we had to sail only one line it would be Princess, how nice we don't. We enjoyed our Celebrity cruise and have two more planned as well as another Princess. Some of the objective things as I remember:

Princess has more pools, the are frwsh water and open 24/7. Celebrity shuts down at 8pm. Princess has 24/7 food choices including room service. Celebrity only has room service after hours. Princess has more dining options and a diner buffet. Celebrity has an alternative dining venue, it is table service in the buffet area, but not a buffet. Princess has washers/dryers. Celebrity does not. Princess has traditional and Anytime Dining. Celebrity traditional only.

The ships are all beautiful, clean and servise is with a smile, you can't go wrong on either. Good Luck and Have Fun!

I agree with practically everything Mike2131 said, with one exception...and that is that my preference between the two is Princess, overall.

I like the choice between traditional or Personal Choice Dining, plus the 24 hour pools and hot tubs. It feels a little less restrictive.

But should you go with Celebrity, you will certainly have a wonderful vacation, no doubt!

Hi,

We sailed on the Constellation a few years ago, Southern Caribbean. A beautiful ship. A few differences I noticed from Princess: Celebrity does not make public announcements except for muster drill or something. Much quieter. The dining room on the Constellation is huge. Two story, loud and busy. I found the food to be on par with Princess, not better. The service was also on par. I think that depends on the staff you get. The spa was beautiful. The Aquaspa a relaxing place and the Aquaspa Cafe delicious. I could eat there almost exclusively. Hard to tell it's "healthy" food! We found the ship activities a little dull and it seemed very quiet after dinner. We walked around the upper deck at night, usually the only ones. Much more sedate overall.

Anyway, if I could combine the Princess dining rooms, activities and entertainment with the Constellation spa I would be in heaven.

I would do a Celebrity cruise again, though I prefer Princess. I choose on ship, itinerary, timing, those issues. You will have a wonderful cruise, I'm sure! :)

Renee

We decided to try a Celebrity cruise after a number of Princess cruises and one RCCL and a couple of Carnival. IMHO there is not much difference between Princess and Celebrity. Both offer a great product. Each individual cruiser will find some aspect of one or the other more to their liking and prefer the line for that reason. We are back to Princess because they have more and varied itineraries. However, you won't be disappointed with Celebrity.

Have a great cruise.

Barry

Many trips on Princess, one on Celebrity's Mercury, RT San Francisco to Mexico, 3-04.

I thought Celebrity's food in main dining room a cut above Princess norm. I didn't perceive any differences in the service level.

I think Princess has better variety of food in Horizon Court, quality about the same.

Entertainment is very subjective, but I thought Celebrity's production shows a cut below Princess.

Princess certainly has a better variety of itineraries, particularly their "exotics".

Princess' prices better (read less).

Archived