Sled Dog Summer Mush Training Camp (from Skagway)

logan25

I am a little undecided about whether to use the Princess Skagway sled dog camp excursion (1/2 day) or go with Frontier Excursions' Yukon Discovery tour (6 hours). Has anyone done both? I'm thinking they go to different camp sites, but I know not. Except Michelle Phillips is the honcho at the Carcross camp site visited by Frontier tour.

Leaving in a couple of days and would appreciate hearing your experience reports.

Hi ...a gal in my group went on this and was unhappy (thru Carnival)

said they drove out of town (to Dyea area I think) ..and then were put in a big "military type" vehicle that climbed the hill...she felt claustrophobic in that

then they had a nice visit at the dog camp, info on the dogs, petted the pups, learned about them ...but....she said the ride was just "in a circle" and only lasted about 5 minutes

I went to Yukon with T n T tours....had so much fun, saw 4 bears, 4 Dall sheep, 3 mountain goats...and a porcupine LOL

Then at "Cariboo Crossing" we saw all the cute petting critters and best of the DOGS and PUPS

we had an extra long ride on the wheeled cart it was sooo much fun,

learned about the dogs, and held the pups and played with them

(also played with the pet golden retriever who is there for the party)

Total for a whole day, including lunch, private van, emerald lake, carcross dessert, falls, scenery, everything....overlook...little town of Carcross

was less than she paid for the dog excursion

(riding the cart was extra for us but still total cheaper)

I am more than delighted

I am posting the review on Carnival forum but will post my Alaska pics here too :)

I went to Yukon with T n T tours....

Thanks for sharing, I want the chance to see/play with the dogs. Are the trainers at Cariboo Crossing legit, or are they more a camp just for the tourists?

Archived