Baltimore: Lord Baltimore or Admiral Fell Inn

sross6019

We are sailing next April and are looking at various hotels. I stayed at Lord Baltimore years go but haven't read good recent reviews. Looking for historic hotel, closer to Inner Harbor. We will be flying in so no car. What are the pros and cons of these two or any other suggestions.

In its day Lord Baltimore was the premiere hotel in the city. Not so much anymore. I stayed at the Admireal Fell Inn over ten years ago and it was wonderful. Being a former travel agent, I hate cookie cutter hotels where withouth the signs you really wouldn't know where you were staying. Admiral Fell Inn has some really nice historic charm and you're right in the middle of all the things to do in Fell's Point.

We've stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn twice with a third stay booked for this July. The staff is amazing :). The location can't be beat-right across the street from a water taxi stop. If you go to the Harbormagic website you will see different packages. Can't say enough about the staff here, they have really made all of our stays outstanding with their tips on where to eat, and places to go.

We've stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn twice with a third stay booked for this July. The staff is amazing :). The location can't be beat-right across the street from a water taxi stop. If you go to the Harbormagic website you will see different packages. Can't say enough about the staff here, they have really made all of our stays outstanding with their tips on where to eat, and places to go.

Absolutely agree! My DW and I stayed at the Admiral Fell Inn pre-cruise last December and loved it! The staff was wonderful, room was quite comfortable, and there are lots of activities around Fell's Point. Another thing that might interest you is that they have shuttle service between the Admiral Fell Inn and the other hotels associated with Harbor Magic. So if you want to get into the heart of the Inner Harbor, you can take the shuttle to Pier 5 Hotel. Did I mention that it is free. :D

All three (Admiral Fell, Pier 5, and Henderson Wharf) have shuttle service to the Baltimore Cruise Port.

Thank you for all the info and assistance. We have chosen the Admiral Fell based on your replies and more research. Even with internet research, I can rely on CC people more. Thanks again for the help.

Thank you for all the info and assistance. We have chosen the Admiral Fell based on your replies and more research. Even with internet research, I can rely on CC people more. Thanks again for the help.

Great choice. You'll love the quirkiness of this great hotel.

Archived