How Much Can You Eat?

Michaline

So I've never cruised before but I know it's All-Inclusive. I've heard the Carnival Triumph has small portions & that people sometimes get another meal. Do you get ANY food item you want for free? Do they keep count, or how does that work?

So I've never cruised before but I know it's All-Inclusive. I've heard the Carnival Triumph has small portions & that people sometimes get another meal. Do you get ANY food item you want for free? Do they keep count, or how does that work?

Welcome to cruise critic!

You might want to come over to the Carnival board here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

To answer your question you can eat as much as you want. They dont keep track :)

Michaline - The price of your cruise includes all meals in the dining room, Lido buffet, as well as room service orders. Also, there's a lot of food offered all during the day, soft-serve ice cream/yogurt machines, 24-hour pizzeria, etc. There's just no end to the FOOD!...and it's all included.:) (You didn't mention beverages, but all beverages are also included - with the exception of alcoholic, soft drinks, and bottled water. Lots of other beverages included - juices, lemonade, punch, coffee, tea, milk, etc.)

I've never felt that the portions served at dinner were small; however, if you feel this way, you are welcome to order a second entree (or appetizer, or soup, or whatever). In other words, they put NO limit on how much food you can consume. For instance, on Formal Night in the dining room - the night lobster tails, prime rib, etc. are on the menu, I always end up having two lobster tails. I've seen many tablemates having lobster tails plus prime rib. Believe me, you will not leave the table hungry!:D (I believe the 'average' weight-gain for a cruise is one pound per day!!)

• 4 weeks later...

While I always try to loose 5 lbs before the cruise, my husband tries to eat as much as he can the week before so he can eat more on the ship. He ususally has for dinner all the appetizers, a soup and 2-3 entrees and 3 or 4 desserts each night. The worst thing is he ususally loses 3-5 lbs. on the cruise!

While I always try to loose 5 lbs before the cruise, my husband tries to eat as much as he can the week before so he can eat more on the ship. He ususally has for dinner all the appetizers, a soup and 2-3 entrees and 3 or 4 desserts each night. The worst thing is he ususally loses 3-5 lbs. on the cruise!

Hi Cleacat, I bet you are from the USA?

John

Archived