Oasis of the Seas 7/11 - first time cruiser - questions!

Hi everyone!

I am planning a cruise on Oasis of the Seas in July. I have never cruised before so as you can imagine, I have some questions! I'd love your input:

1. We are looking at a deck 10 or 11 midship Central Park balcony cabin. Any comments on this cabin type?
  2. I have no idea what to pack for dinners in the MDR. Other than formal night, how do people dress? Will capri pants suffice?
  3. How do people dress just walking around the ship at night, or at the shows? Do they change clothing to something more casual if they were dressed more formally for dinner?
  4. I am cold-natured. How is the temperature in the interior of the ship? Cold from the A/C?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Hi everyone!

I am planning a cruise on Oasis of the Seas in July. I have never cruised before so as you can imagine, I have some questions! I'd love your input:

1. We are looking at a deck 10 or 11 midship Central Park balcony cabin. Any comments on this cabin type?
  2. I have no idea what to pack for dinners in the MDR. Other than formal night, how do people dress? Will capri pants suffice?
  3. How do people dress just walking around the ship at night, or at the shows? Do they change clothing to something more casual if they were dressed more formally for dinner?
  4. I am cold-natured. How is the temperature in the interior of the ship? Cold from the A/C?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

We have stayed in a CP stateroom and enjoyed it although we much prefer a stateroom with a balcony looking out on the ocean. We did find that with the balcony door closed, any noise from CP was effectively muted.

Don't worry unnecessarily about your style of dress even on formal nights. On casual dress nights, Capris will be common.

On formal nights, some may return to their staterooms to change after dinner but others will keep with their formal attire for the entire evening.

I'd suggest taking a sweater or a shawl with you if you are concerned that you will be chilly or cold. We find the temperature in the interior of the ship to be quite comfortable, but many find it a bit too cool for their liking. Some sort of cover up should resolve the problem.

Enjoy your cruise and be prepared to be WOWed as soon as you see tha ship and definitely from the moment you are onboard.:D

You will not feel as much motion, the higher up you are!

MDR attire (other than formal wear) is smart-casual. Many people dress casually in sun dresses, but they ask that you do not wear denim or shorts, or flip-flops.

Walking around the ship at night you see many people wearing very casual, shorts and a tee shirt kind of thing. On formal night, many people are out walking around getting their pictures taken!

Temperature is different for everyone but is well air-conditioned and definitely not too warm!

Hope this helped. :)

Have fun!

Caribbean cruises tend to be casual, even on formal nights, dark suits and short dresses are the norm (about 60 %), with others are dressed up more or less dressed. Capris or slacks are common on most nights.

Central Park is a magical place at night! I think you will enjoy sitting out and enjoying people watching (it's a major "strolling" place)

Most folks complain that CP and it's balconies can be warm, especially in the summer, so you will be very happy with that! The advice for a sweater or pashmina is a good one for theaters or breezier evenings on the Boardwalk.

Some people change after formal night, some don't, some stay in their flip flops all day anyway, so no matter what you decide you will not stick out like a sore thumb!!

I worried so much just like you last summer before FOS. It is not worth worring about.

I took a dress that does not wrinkle in the suitcase and some YellowBox Flipflops with it. Easy.

Sunday best is just fine. Take something that you are cool and comfortable in

You will see people dressed all up and stay in those clothes even after the later MDR time. I was in my shorts and tee walking right with them. This is your vacation. Do what you want. RCI is not a cheap cruise. You are forking over some bucks to go. Dont allow yourself to be swayed by what you THINK others want you to do.

I spent time on the clothes board. It is fun.

Archived