Embassy Suites??

I have just booked a Suite at the Embassy Suites for a one night pre-cruise stay. I did this as a standby as I plan on trying to get a couple of rooms on Priceline later in the year( we don't travel until next April so we have to wait a little to bid on rooms for that time) If a bid goes through, I will cancel the other reservation(I have until 24 hrs before arrival to cancel without penalty)My Question: I have 5 people traveling together, 2 couples and 1 other adult.They only book rooms for 4 people,not 5.(why,I don't know since they have 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa)If we have to use this suite, We thought we could just take the "5th" person up to the room un-noticed and have him sleep on the sleeper sofa.These are fairly large suites and would be perfect for 1 night.Has anyone ever done this before?Appreciate any input on this, Thanks...Jaxson:)

Where did you book through? I booked through their own website and it only had a spot up to 4 adults.I wonder if i can call and make it 5? Could you let me know where you booked through,I'd appreciate it,thanks ...Jaxson:)

There is a small charge for the 3rd person in a suite at ES. Just let them know at check in that there is a 3rd person so that the sofa bed can be made up, unless you want them just sleeping on a mattress without any sheets or blankets. I would just tell them when you check in and pay the fee, better than having problems later on.

Well, I was thinking that was the way to go...buuttt, the more I think about it, There wouldn't be any sheets or a blanket for the one on the couch, and to register for the shuttle service, it wouldn't work for him since he is not listed as a guest,but I guess we could take a taxi, that's really not an issue.I would really like to know where cruzingirl made her reservations thru, if she didn't mind at all:D I would rather have #5 listed as a guest.Any other suggestions??:D Should I just call and ask to put the 5th in?Thanks.....Jaxson

I know I have read that Priceline allows you to book a max of two in a room and that people have been having problem if they show up with extras. This is something you will need to check out beforehand because it could really negativly affect your wonderful vacation!

We had 3 in a room this past March, got our room through priceline, didn't have a problem at all. This coming February, I need rooms to accomodate 3 and 4 persons. I am not anticipating a problem with rooms in Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone recently experience any problems with 3rd and 4th persons in a hotel room booked through priceline?

While you are never garanteed a room with double beds when you book thru priceline,I have read that as soon as you have a bid accepted, you should contact the Hotel as soon as you know which one, and arrange for double beds, this usually isn't a problem.If you are too worried about chancing it, bid on two rooms,that is what I was going to do.I don't know though, I have this really great suite booked with all shuttle service free from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port next morning.They also serve a free cooked complimentary breakfast,not just continental,and also free drinks in the evening at the managers reception.Sounds great to me!! I think I am just going to keep this room and split it with all of us for a reasonable rate for one night.($120 a couple)Most rates in this area are that much alone and the places are questionable, Embassy Suites sound great to me!!:D Jaxson

Archived